Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Eclair Download Platform

Author Topic: Eclair Download Platform
Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 01-16-2019 03:05 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone suing Eclair to download your content?
How do you like it?
What don't you like?
Is it worth the trouble for a single screen?

|  IP: Logged

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2019 05:39 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know the Cameo Theatre in saint Helena CA uses it for a lot of the independent films they show. They got Free Solo thru Eclair Cineconductor.

Mark Strube
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2019 06:27 PM      Profile for Mark Strube   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Strube   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been curious about this myself. I'm sure I could get them on the phone to figure out costs, but if anyone's willing to share numbers, I'm all ears. One of the theaters I work for is a one screen that runs mostly smaller independent films... does Eclair improve your chances of certain bookings?

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2019 06:49 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a customer that is using this. I cant speak for any of the cost or booking aspects but from a technical standpoint it was very easy to integrate and their tech support (they have to connect remotely to configure their device) was very helpful. In this case we simply set it up as a remote ingest drive in two networked Doremi servers and afaik there have been no issues with the drive and uningested content showing up in ingest manager.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 01-17-2019 12:09 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of curiousity, what is this? Eclair Labs is a French company (that is/was largely responsible for the glut of French prints that don't have cues added at the lab), so I'm guessing that this is primarily for European movies?

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 01-17-2019 12:46 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They started in Europe, supplying trailers for download (pretty common here), they recently relaunched their portal and now also offer feature films and ad packs. The trailers go through HTML based downloads, but they also have their own gear to be installed on site for full length DCPs.

- Carsten

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 01-17-2019 12:50 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's their website:
Eclairplay

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2019 05:21 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the USA they bought out Cineconductor. The same folks that started emerging pictures started Cineconductor and are still involved.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: