Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Christie CP2210 unexpected light off on show end cue

Author Topic: Christie CP2210 unexpected light off on show end cue
Andrew Freeman
Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2019 04:55 PM      Profile for Andrew Freeman   Email Andrew Freeman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unsure if anyone else has experienced this, on one of my Christie CP2210s, very seldomly when the show end cue plays, and lamp and dowser shut off, a critical error saying “unexpected light off” will pop up, usually when it’s finished cooling down I turn on the lamp and it’s fine, or if I have enough time I will power cycle and it won’t happen again for about a week. Is this just a funky thing, or should I be worried about a bigger issue? Thank you all so much!

|  IP: Logged

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2019 06:04 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had this at one site we service and the tech who went changed the ballast and it went away however I can't say for sure that was the issue.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-10-2019 07:08 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Unexpected Lamp Off" is probably our #1 Christie projector problem. It happens on all models we've dealt with. Christie's logging is such that it often misses the root cause of the issue. Sometimes it is the ballast (a reboot of the ballast cures it) sometimes it is a "noisy" door or air flow switch (they do age and there are kits for the CPx220/CPx230 series to better shield the switches from UV radiation.

Adrian Avram
Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2019 12:47 AM      Profile for Adrian Avram   Email Adrian Avram   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
Indeed, I do encounter such errors on the Christie projectors (Series 2), and in almost all of the cases the Extractor Fan interlock switch is the culprit. Also in a small no of cases the Lamp blower switch (mainly on the CP2220) is at fault for the unexpected lamps off.
However my #1 problem with Christies is the red screen projected at 1st the show. Sometimes a reboot will fix it, sometime a reset of the LEQD in it's slot will fix it, until next week, or next day...who knows.

Ioannis Syrogiannis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2019 11:09 AM      Profile for Ioannis Syrogiannis   Email Ioannis Syrogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the impression that the original poster (Andrew) was not talking about a critical error that was switching off the lamp, but the regular switching off of the lamp, driven from the macros received, to be reported as "unexpected".

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2019 02:14 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the same problem on a 2230 with CDXL-60 Lamps.
We replace lamps and still so we install a CDXL-45 and it works fine. After chaching againg to CDXL-60 the problem starts agains so we had to replace the lamp power supply and problem solve.

Mike Moreno
Mexico

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 01-19-2019 02:58 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IIRC, doesn't the "stretched too tight" ballast comm cable cause this error sometimes? And also IIRC, it will only sometimes bring up a "Ballast Comm Lost" error as well?

Been over six years since I last saw that error at one of my older installs. (I have been away from it for that long, that is..)

Juan Jose Vazquez
Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2019 07:41 PM      Profile for Juan Jose Vazquez   Email Juan Jose Vazquez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the same problem that they mention, in my case it only happens when the End cue is executed in the middle of the show. if it ends normally, the error does not happen. Christie CP2215 with lamps CDXL-18SD and CDXL-23S.

Regards!

Juan José.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: