Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » CP650 not sending hi freq on center ch

Author Topic: CP650 not sending hi freq on center ch
Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2019 12:44 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everybody .
Happy new year for all [beer] and thank you all for sharing your knowledge.

starting this year with a sad sorprise [uhoh] one of my cp650 is not working fine, is not sendig hi frequency on center channel and I barely heard surrounds.
if 1 see the monitor and the center amp I can see led bars moving even with out pink noise or audio from the projector.

im not sure wich internal card replace in order to fix it.

thanks for your help and have a great year.

mike moreno
Mexico

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-02-2019 06:25 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pull cards and reseat them for starters with power off. This usually helps with a glitch like this.

Then, check the driver attached to the horn. They do love to open without notice.

Next trick is to switch inputs on the amp to see if a channel died on you, up to checking amp connections.

Pull the speaker wire off the amp assigned to the center horn and take a 9v battery and just bump the leads across the battery to see if the horn driver responds to the bumps.

I've changed out a few that suddenly let go.

Good luck.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-03-2019 09:15 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the theatre biamped if so it could be the crossover card

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-03-2019 02:27 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a booth monitor wired up so you can compare the amp outputs vs the processor? If so check in the booth monitor and see if it is the 650 or something between the 650 and amp output(s)or as has been suggested above a HF driver. Again with the booth monitor check the surround output. From your description of the signal present lights on the amps going up and down it might not be the 650.

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2019 01:51 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
I install the cp650 in another auditorium in order to check and fails the same way.
I have to check all the internal cards.

mike morneo

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2019 03:19 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are only two main boards in it plus some option daughter boards that can be added. Are you using the crossover option? If so that could be where the issue is. Note that when this is used the high frequencies come out of the option connector.This can be a very busy connector depending on what options one is using.

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2019 12:43 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Stephan
I am using USL external crossover.
in fact, it only has a Cat 773 installed and in error logs says Opt_out:L:missing
and if i compare the Board info from another cp650 is diferent, this one says Board: A384x and the ones that work fine says A3843.

Mike Moreno
Mexico

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2019 05:36 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sam Chavez, of Bay Area Cinema Products has new and used boards for the CP 650 for sale. He posts on hear.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: