Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Once Upon a Deadpool Version File Change

Author Topic: Once Upon a Deadpool Version File Change
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 12-14-2018 04:32 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got an email Friday (12/14/2018) from Deluxe with new version files for Once Upon a Deadpool. This requires downloading the file, ingesting, and applying new keys.

There was no explanation for the change. The new VF is only 5MB, so it has to be relatively minor. The new CPL is version C to replace version B. Make sure you do not delete version B as this is the OV for version C.

Unfortunately this can be logistical headache. Here is how I did it on the Hollywood Software/Cinedigm LMS.

1. Go to schedule viewer and delete all remaining showings (Right click and select "Delete Shows". Check all show times you want to delete. Before deleting current day shows, check to make sure there will be enough time for the content and new SPLs to sync.

2. Ingest new CPL on LMS.

3. Under Title Mapping double click the existing Once Upon a Deadpool title. Change the title version code (I just added an 'a' at the end of the existing entry). Also change the "Title Text" so you can tell it apart from the new title to create. I just added "(old)" to the end of the title.

4. Under Title Mapping click "Add New Title" and create a new title for Once Upon a Deadpool. Use the original Title Ver Code because this is what is matched to the schedule feed from your POS system. This way you don't have to make any changes on your POS system.

5. Map new CPL to this new title (should be "OnceUponADeadpool-SLTrib_FTR-C...". The "C" is the critical part).

6. Be sure to add this new title to your Early Pre-Show, Trailers, and Late Pre-Show.

7. Ingest new keys.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: