Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » MasterImage sync cable pinout?

Author Topic: MasterImage sync cable pinout?
Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-07-2018 02:46 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know the pinout of the Masterimage DSUB37 to DSUB9 sync cable?

- Carsten

|  IP: Logged

Mattias Mattsson
Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2018 06:37 PM      Profile for Mattias Mattsson   Email Mattias Mattsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is from the Installation Manual (Rev B) for MI-2100R

-

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-07-2018 07:23 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, there is more in it than I thought. I think the shutter systems only carry a two or three wire frame reference.

Do I understand this right, this cable carries automation signals for wheel control start/stop, up down? Is it possible that earlier systems do no use them? A friend uses two MI2100 and misses automation for them. I understand there are a few terminals inside to control up and down. But which MI systems could use the cable signals? Is that the rev.B?

Is it possible that the bare minimum is to connect vertical sync pulse/GND?

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-07-2018 10:12 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've not seen a 2100R version, just the 2100 which is manual control only ... also worked with the Clarity that has pretty much the same control system as this 2100R (and Wave, plus an unusual 2100 type with horizontal movement).
So if yours doesn't have the LCD display and menu buttons you're stuck with manual operation as far as I know.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-08-2018 06:13 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The older systems have headers inside that are more or less parallel to the buttons. I know that some installers wired them to a JNIOR or directly to Dolby DSS GPOs.

- Carsten

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-08-2018 08:16 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
edit: found the full 2100R manual here: https://docs.zoho.com/file/9sg8g631a17a0c53542ecac7a2b9050b01cf2

The difference to the first/old 2100 version is clearly visible.

- Carsten

Michal Matys
Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2018 09:39 AM      Profile for Michal Matys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Carsten wrote, you can always connect your 2100 to automation system, we just connected it to few relays, which we trigger via doremi GPO and "automated" it this way similar to light automation.

Michal

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: