Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » GDC SX3000 Standalone IMB

Author Topic: GDC SX3000 Standalone IMB
Kerry Fleming
Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2018 12:11 PM      Profile for Kerry Fleming   Author's Homepage   Email Kerry Fleming   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am curious.
Anyone else with this server having problems with SMPTE KDM's?
SMPTE KDM loads fine & opens product.
Summary Tab indicates that KDM has Issues.
And lists over a half dozen problems in code.
Server is using GDC's latest build.
GDC is working to resolve this problem.
I can't be only one with this issue!

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-29-2018 02:14 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
- Who issued this SMPTE KDM?
- What is your GDC software version?

- Carsten

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-29-2018 04:08 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had no complaints from my customers about SMPTE KDM's not working. I have over 30 SX-3000 in the field... What movie is this for? I can ask around... Also, what build is the server at right now?

Mark

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-29-2018 07:15 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 15 of the 3000 units and use SMPTE keys when I get Disney content since they now use VF files for Atmos and OCAP content.

Sounds like a third party is making SMPTE keys that have compatibility issues.

Kerry Fleming
Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2018 09:59 AM      Profile for Kerry Fleming   Author's Homepage   Email Kerry Fleming   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The SMS is Version 9.00 Build 485.
I have a couple SMPTE features right now.
Instant Family, Fantastic Beasts.
They are on different screens both with GDC SX3000 servers.
And both indicate KDM with Issues in Summary.
Both list six Key ID issues stating that KDM is not used in a CPL.
Now, I do have a total of 7 GDC servers.
And there are 6 issues listed.
So, I am thinking the issue is related to the other 6 servers as I receive KDM's for all my GDC servers in one zip file upon delivery and, copy them to a common thumb drive for ingestion.
Does that make any sense?

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-30-2018 10:40 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes that makes sense. I'm not involved in KDM ingest on the GDC servers we service, but we support a lot of them and I've seen no problems regarding SMPTE DCPs. I know Doremi servers ignore KDMs for other than their eSN - they don't show in ingest manager and can not be ingested. Surprised that GDCs will ingest unusable KDMs.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-30-2018 04:01 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you're in the Summary section of the Control Panel and are in the KDM with Issues tab, you're opening up this section and you see the listing of keys either in orange or red.

Find a key, click on it and below is the descript of this one key...scroll down and there a listing of ID not available in any CPL, and at the botton a mention that the key is expired.

Should go into your content tab and delete these expired keys.

EDIT: there is another possibility that you have a bunch of keys in that server that doesn't match the feature content that is in the server-even though the Feature Titles might match the title of the key, e.g. OCAP. 3D 4.5/6fl files, et.al ...

When the checksum of the key doesn't match with the DCP, you'll get these issues. It just takes one character to be different and it will throw out this issue message and make the content unplayable.

Good Luck

Kerry Fleming
Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2018 11:05 AM      Profile for Kerry Fleming   Author's Homepage   Email Kerry Fleming   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monte what your saying is very close to what's happening.
Except that the KDM does unlock feature for playback.
There is something in the code of the KDM that isn't right.
And I think there is some relevance to the other GDC servers not using this particular CPL.
I've tried isolating the KDM's to only their respective servers.
And that make no difference.
Still get KDM with Issues under Summary tab.
GDC still working on this one!

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 12-01-2018 11:19 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a GDC SX-2001A and it shows "keys with issues" on a lot of otherwise valid keys.

Meaning that I ingest a key for a feature, the feature is unlocked as it should be, but the key shows as a "key with issues" on the summary tab.

It's always done that with some keys (not all) as far as I can recall, but since it's never affected anything I've never been concerned about it and I've never bothered to figure out if there's a pattern to it.

Perhaps there's a file listed in the key that didn't actually make it into the final version that went out to theatres.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-04-2018 04:39 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been doing updates the last few days and I had several screens with that feature on both SX2001's and SX-3000's and no key errors. You could try updating to Build 467 on the SX-3000's and see if that clears up the issue.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: