Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » How can adjust time for doremi showwvault ?

Author Topic: How can adjust time for doremi showwvault ?
Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2018 08:21 PM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everybody,

Lasttime i get problem with time on server doremi showvault. The Time run fast 20 minutes, I try to adjust time but can't do it.
Can't not syn with NTP.
Everyone have any solution for adjust it, pls help me?
Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Juan Jose Vazquez
Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2018 09:44 PM      Profile for Juan Jose Vazquez   Email Juan Jose Vazquez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
had a similar case but my server was out of phase 9 minutes ahead. I had to request a license to be able to adjust the schedule correctly. I remember that the cause of this is apparently the dolphin card.

regards

Juan José

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-12-2018 04:49 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are only allowed to shift the secure clock by 6min in either direction per calender year on DCI compliant servers. If you start early enough and check your time around december of each year, you can slowly crawl to the correct time over a couple of years.

If your current deviation is larger than that, and you absolutely must adjust it fully, you need to request a password/activation/license from your server manufacturer to be authorized for a one time adjustment of more than 6min.

Try to set it back 6min for now, that should work. Usually, a secure clock deviation in that range is not critical for operations. If you want the show manager/displayed/schedule clock of you server to be correct, that can usually be set to any time. Just make sure it is not referenced from secure clock (which some systems are configured to). ShowManager clock may be set from a local or distant NTP server.

- Carsten

Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2018 01:34 AM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Carsten,

I have request the license to request adjust time but after adjust the time still wrong.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-13-2018 06:37 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is odd. I have used the time adjust DLMs several times without problems. I think these allow +/- 30 minutes?
What happens when you change the time after ingesting the license?

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 11-13-2018 07:45 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure about the ShowVault/IMB, but certainly on an IMS2000 or 3000, the only way the DLM lets you change the time is via an NTP sync. If the server doesn't have an NTP server to sync to on the reboot, the DLM isn't going to help you.

Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2018 03:50 AM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave.

The server Showvault/IMB, when I change the time after ingesting the license, the time still wrong after reboot.

Hi Leo,

I have set up NTP but it can't syn between Server and Computer.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-14-2018 06:54 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have not done this really recently, but I recall an error message when you try and change the secure time outside the 6 minute range or the extended range after a DLM is ingested. Do you see that?
Can you see the DLM in license manager?
Leo: The DCP2000 and Showvault servers can be manually adjusted once the DLM is active. Just revise it in control panel. I believe I've changed the time on an IMS but I'm not 100% certain.

Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 11-19-2018 02:16 AM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dave,

Lasttime the license was active, I can adjust 30 mins.

Thanks.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 11-19-2018 04:18 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, everything is fixed now? Or do you still get the wrong time after a reboot?

Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 11-19-2018 08:53 PM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Marcel,

Everything fix now.

Thanks

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: