Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Ncm

Author Topic: Ncm
Justin Bacon
Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2018 04:32 PM      Profile for Justin Bacon   Email Justin Bacon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know how much it is to run Cinema sounds in a single screen theater? This theater is for special events only.

|  IP: Logged

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 10-17-2018 05:20 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need to define what you mean by "cinema sounds".

If your intent is to purchase the equipment to play movies in a single-screen theatre then you'll require a projector and the other things that are associated with that as well (cinema server, etc).

As for the sound reproduction equipment itself, i.e. amplifiers and speakers, the cost will depend on what you get and what you get will depend on the size of the room that you're putting it into and what kind of sound you want there: 5.1, 7.1, Atmos, or maybe something else altogether?

And a cinema sound processor (for "cinema sounds") and again that will depend on what kind of sound you're putting in.

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2018 05:40 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the original poster is writing about https://www.facebook.com/cinemasoundsdotcom/ , which is a preshow program.

Their web site (apparently just a Facebook page, so not much is available to the public) tells very little about the service (like no contact info in case I want to send them money).

Harold

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2018 03:18 AM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I looked up the NCM website, I could find nothing on Cinema Sounds, the audio program which plays before the Noovie (formally First Look, formally 2wenty). They had a link to click for Noovie, which is likely what they want to push, front and center.
The theater I work for plays this content and I cannot recall hearing Cinema Sounds when I have gone into the auditoriums before the Noovie starts or immediately after a movie ends. Either I am blocking it out or it may not even be there.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 10-24-2018 05:53 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NCM (Nat'l CineMedia) is a service that REGAL, AMC and some of the other big box circuits used currently.

DMI CinemaSounds is in partnership with NCM.

Justin Bacon
Film Handler

- posted 12-19-2018 12:24 AM      Profile for Justin Bacon   Email Justin Bacon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes AMC theaters did stop playing Cinema sounds in the auditoriums why I have no idea

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: