Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Error 10586

Author Topic: Error 10586
Nadeem Prince
Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2018 07:49 AM      Profile for Nadeem Prince   Email Nadeem Prince   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i recently face the error Short name "10586" in Barco DP4K-19B. is someone tell me why this error is showing in server and also the RAID is degraded???????????????

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 10-04-2018 08:24 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Error 10586 is for the RAID degraded problem.
Degraded means one of the three drives has dropped out of the array. The LEDs on/near the drive bays will indicate which, the dropped drive will have a red LED showing. You can try removing that drive, rebooting the server, and reinstalling it: I don't know what will happen but it might accept it and begin a rebuild process, the drive will flash red until that's complete (a few hours?). If not, you need a replacement drive. Try to get exactly the same brand and model, definitely use an approved type. Barco sells drives but if you can find one locally it will be faster and cheaper. Don't just use a basic laptop drive, it really needs to be an "enterprise" drive and 2.5" enterprise drives are uncommon.
If you send a diagnostics report to Barco they may be able to help you get the existing drive back online, I haven't seen any drive failures in Alchemy ICMP servers yet so it could be a hiccup - accidentally popping a drive out while the server is running will probably drop that drive out of the array. If it's a server hardware problem, possibly Barco can tell from the report.

Nadeem Prince
Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2018 11:03 AM      Profile for Nadeem Prince   Email Nadeem Prince   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very Much.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: