Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Sony Server closed caption

Author Topic: Sony Server closed caption
Billy Joel Llaguna
Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2018 10:16 PM      Profile for Billy Joel Llaguna   Email Billy Joel Llaguna   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I would like to seek your assistance. I don't have any experience on Sony Projector and server. I'm about to integrate an USL HI/VI and closed caption.

Is there an setting/configuration for the closed caption? How can i enable it? Do you have install manual for this.

The server model are LMT-300 and XCT-S10.

Thank you in advance

|  IP: Logged

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2018 10:58 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should just be able to configure the IRC-28C. Give it its own IP address and tell it the address of the Sony server. It should start working. Let me know of any issues.

Older Sony software required the server to know the IP address of the IRC-28C. Current software does not.

Harold
QSC, LLC

Ioannis Syrogiannis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2018 04:34 AM      Profile for Ioannis Syrogiannis   Email Ioannis Syrogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing LMT-300 mentioned, I 'd like to ask:
Does that (not informing the server about the IRC-28C IP address) go for the 500 series (and probably the 800 ones) or the 320 also?

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2018 08:49 AM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think any current Sony software requires it to know the IP address of the closed captioning equipment. I don't know why it ever did since the protocol allows for multiple devices to connect to the server. You can check to see if the server will accept the connection by trying to connect to the server on port 4170 using Putty or Tera Term as described at http://ftp.uslinc.com/ftp/Products/IRC-28/Documents/Manual/IRC-28C_Manual.pdf#page=15 .

Harold

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: