Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » To much error

Author Topic: To much error
Abdi Gudeta
Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2018 11:13 AM      Profile for Abdi Gudeta   Author's Homepage   Email Abdi Gudeta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got to errors on my new Barco dp4k-32B. Help
 -

|  IP: Logged

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 09-19-2018 12:16 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This looks like something lost the connection to the back-plane. If you're lucky, it's just a loose connection.

I would start with shutting down the projector and try to re-seat the interface cards in the card cage.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 09-19-2018 03:00 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When reseating, the security will be broken.

After full reseat the passcode will have to be entered using the Dallas Key.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 09-19-2018 09:10 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean by "new"? Is this what you got on first powerup or did it work for you previously?
This is a lot of communication errors and may show an ICP that hasn't been flashed to use the correct software modules for your light engine.
Possibly reseating the ICP, CCB, FCB, and ICMP may clear up most of it. I doubt if the sensors would come unplugges, they connect at the front behind the front cover and are usually very secure connector.

Ioannis Syrogiannis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2018 01:11 AM      Profile for Ioannis Syrogiannis   Email Ioannis Syrogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems that it comes with an Alchemy (ICMP), so is shouldn't have a separate ICP.
Such a replacement might be the reason behind such a software inconsistency.
Yet, the Dallas Key -> Reauthorizing will be needed either way.
The service door tamper is already indicated among the errors.

Too many errors, too little information... :-/

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 09-20-2018 02:29 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah not concentrating.
Most of the errors - the TI satellite stuff - comes up when an ICMP (or ICP) is first put in a projector. The firmware must be reinstalled (or updated): during that process the software modules needed for the light engine hardware are installed. Different light engine type, different modules. I believe that systems delivered by Barco have been set up and tested before shipping, but if you buy a projector from Bob and an ICMP from Alice... expect lots of these errors.
The sensor errors are odd, but I think both of those are on the light engine so possibly the software installation will solve them, maybe the 4K LE has different sensors and it's just expecting sensor data that doesn't exist with a 4K?
...Or mice have gotten into the backplane connection bay and eaten those wires.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: