Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » CEDIA 2018: Epson Exhibits Pro L12000Q Native 4K 3LCD Projector

Author Topic: CEDIA 2018: Epson Exhibits Pro L12000Q Native 4K 3LCD Projector
Helmut Maripuu
Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2018 03:35 PM      Profile for Helmut Maripuu   Email Helmut Maripuu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Epson Cinemas or home projector?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6doJ_KJ_DtQ&feature=youtu.be

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 09-18-2018 07:21 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Large classrooms, convention centers, that sort of market would be my guess. They'd have to get DCI approval for it to go into the digital cinema market. That would represent a large upfront cost to enter a market in which all they'd be able to do is to try and grab market share from four mature and well-established competitors.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-19-2018 07:53 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely not home though it could likely be used their. I suspect that one will see its imager chip set ported to the home though and find it in their home theatre projector line up in 2019 or so. Epson already has a several fake 4K home projectors (1080 chips but with a diagonal wiggle to simulate 4K). JVC introduced their real 4K projector and Sony already has their line up of real 4K home projectors. It is only a matter of time before Epson ponys up theirs.

None of this is DCinema (though perhaps ECinema).

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 09-19-2018 12:21 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't look dramatically more bulky than their "4K enhanced" laser projectors. The fact that it's liquid cooled will probably help to get the noise down and it will help to get rid of their dust problem in their current laser engine.

The automated edge-blending functionality looks nice, I'm not entirely sure how it is supposed to work though.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: