Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Christie cp 2000

Author Topic: Christie cp 2000
Koroye Seitonkumo
Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2018 03:57 PM      Profile for Koroye Seitonkumo   Email Koroye Seitonkumo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So my Solaria arrangement didn't work as someone already paid for it.. We are desperately in need of a lowly priced projector. I found this incomplete projector. Is it safe? It is a Christie cp 2000 on eBay without interface boards.. web page

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-15-2018 05:03 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Similar issues as with the DP2000 - a huge and heavy series 1 machine of probably unknown condition (before and after shipment). Quite a few of them are still in operation, but I wouldn't spend much money on a used one. I understand you feel some pressure, but you shouldn't buy series 1 equipment under these conditions. I doubt you get the necessary service and parts supplies in Nigeria.

Look for:

NEC NC900/NC1000
Christie 2210/2215
Barco DP2K-6E
Barco DP2K-10s/8s
Barco DP2K-12C

If you go with an old series 1 machine, chances are high that you end up with a wreck within short time and no realistic options to repair it. If that money your are able to spend is the only money you have, you have to be careful. Even a 'minor' defect can cost you thousands in parts - if they are available at all.

- Carsten

Koroye Seitonkumo
Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2018 05:52 PM      Profile for Koroye Seitonkumo   Email Koroye Seitonkumo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. Thanks

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 09-15-2018 07:12 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Carsten, try looking for a Series 2 projector.

This one also has a ballast running on 208V @ 3 phases, which I doubt will be available in Nigeria, unless you put in some expensive conversion equipment (which is especially expensive at 18Amps and 3 phases). Many of those smaller machines can run single phase at 230/240V, but those large machines with multi-kilowatt lamps almost all require 3-phase power, make sure you have that and that you buy equipment compatible with your local standards (which seem to be 240V@50Hz).

Also, have you checked the pricing on e.g. a Barco 6E? There are other cinemas operating in Nigeria, so there must be local service representatives too.

Peter Hall
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2018 07:18 AM      Profile for Peter Hall   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure how you can describe the DP2000 as huge and heavy and yet recommend the DP2k12C which is the same box size ? Personally I am great fans of both the S1 ans S2 versions but the DP2000 is no bigger than current machines.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-16-2018 09:02 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 12C is the last recommendation on my list, as it is very popular and quite often offered second hand, and I did not want to exclude that machine type.
Yes, there is not much difference in weight and size between it and the DP2000, but as a series 2 machine, it is still the better choice. The emphasis on size and weight was more on the CP2000.

Honestly, I do not have the slightest idea about transports to and service/support options in Nigeria for this sort of equipment. I understand that after years of decline, cinema is a booming market in large parts of Africa currently. Cinema Technology Magazine had an article on this recently, that much I remember.

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 09-16-2018 02:06 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note that there are several CP2000 models - the S or SB is a beast, huge and heavy, requires 3 phase power. The ZX is smaller (similar to a CP2220) but has a separate ballast, probably needs 3 phase. The CP2000M is the same size as a CP2210 and runs on single phase power.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 09-16-2018 04:14 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like a CP-2000-S or SB (metal blue casing and the octagonal lens mount in front of it).

On the pictures it's called CP-2000i, which is a configuration I'm not familiar with, but the pictures also show a 3-phase 4kW ballast @ 208V.

It has a build-date of 2004, so it predates DCI 1.0. I guess it might be one of those pre-DCI machines.

It doesn't have an anamorphic attachment though, so maybe it features a 2K light-engine already.

With the interfaces removed, this thing really isn't much more than a very bulky paper weight...

Koroye Seitonkumo
Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2018 08:25 AM      Profile for Koroye Seitonkumo   Email Koroye Seitonkumo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christie cp 2000M dci compliant? Found one on the list too..

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-17-2018 10:26 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stay away from it.

- Carsten

Koroye Seitonkumo
Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2018 10:29 AM      Profile for Koroye Seitonkumo   Email Koroye Seitonkumo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. Found an nc900 $16000 Bstock

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-17-2018 03:21 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What server comes with it?

- Carsten

Koroye Seitonkumo
Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2018 03:30 PM      Profile for Koroye Seitonkumo   Email Koroye Seitonkumo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Need to buy i hear

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-17-2018 04:36 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too much, under normal conditions. I have seen offers for used NC900 incl. ShowVault around that price. But again, if you are under pressure...second hand availability of these compact machines is limited.

A Doremi DCP2000/2k4/ShowVault is probably a suitable server for that location, easy access, cleaning, some redundancy built in, cheap spare parts. I wouldn't even exclude a second hand Dolby DSS200 for similar reasons. IMS1000/NP-90MS01 - not so good, they fail easily and are impossible to repair.

- Carsten

Koroye Seitonkumo
Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2018 04:42 PM      Profile for Koroye Seitonkumo   Email Koroye Seitonkumo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: