Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » CP2210

Author Topic: CP2210
Koroye Seitonkumo
Film Handler

- posted 09-11-2018 04:12 PM      Profile for Koroye Seitonkumo   Email Koroye Seitonkumo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I am negotiating for a used christie cp2210 to use at my cinema in Nigeria. Very small screen. 3/2 meters. I had seen a barco dp2000 for a not so bad price but then many people expressed concern so i might not be taking that.

Any thoughts on this? What should I look out for?

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 09-11-2018 05:34 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing specific to look out for, a good projector if difficult to work on - it was designed to be small, not to be serviceable. It requires replacement air filters and coolant changes periodically plus has a washable filter for the coolant radiator.
If the image is OK - no stuck pixels - it's probably fine for what you want. I think the minimum lamp size is 1.4kW, way to much for your screen... but you can defocus the lamp and drop the brightness.
I would recommend an NEC NC900 or a Barco 6E, but these are not very common used at a good price. You can run either of these with just one of their two HID lamps on for small screens. Both will be quieter than a CP2210, the 6E is very quiet. The heat output from a 1.4kW lamp is a concern as well. Pretty much all the lamp power is turned into heat, I don't know how many watts of actual light is produced but it's a fraction of total lamp power - plus about 10% of that light is infrared, which is filtered out and turned to heat before it can cook the DMDs.

Koroye Seitonkumo
Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2018 03:01 AM      Profile for Koroye Seitonkumo   Email Koroye Seitonkumo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. So should I go for it assuming it is working well? Will it better than the dp2000 at the same price?!

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 09-12-2018 05:22 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I think it's a better choice overall:
- newer
- smaller
- quieter
- series 2 projector

You still need a cinema server for it unless it has one built in - Solaria 1 or other.

Koroye Seitonkumo
Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2018 05:24 AM      Profile for Koroye Seitonkumo   Email Koroye Seitonkumo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Server built in I was told...

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 09-12-2018 06:36 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would certainly choose a CP2210 over a DP2000, but still you need to look at the "fine print". How many running hours does the CP2210 have?

Make sure it has the built-in IMS and try to get the specs of it. It will probably be a Solaria One. You need an external NAS for a Solaria One, as it doesn't have sufficient storage of its own.

It's a Series 2 projector, so it's a newer generation and it's more suited for "smaller" screens than the DP2000.

Still, it's a massive machine for the size of screen you're targeting at. Do you have a proper projection booth?

Muhamad Taufiq
Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2018 09:14 AM      Profile for Muhamad Taufiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marcel, isn't Solaria One a projector? Similar to CP2208 but without IMB-S2.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 09-12-2018 09:45 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the confusion.

The Soliaria One was indeed Christie's answer for the small-screen market with the integrated Christie Solaria IMS/IMB. That same IMS is also available for other Christie Series 2 projectors.

Koroye Seitonkumo
Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2018 10:07 AM      Profile for Koroye Seitonkumo   Email Koroye Seitonkumo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a 4ft by 12ft boot. With a 1Hp AC.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 09-13-2018 04:17 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you can't get a NEC NC900 or a Barco 6E, this might be a viable alternative. The stuff mentioned about the used Barco obviously remains.

Maybe you should somebody let you give you a quote on a new Barco 6E (including the Alchemy IMS, but it's often hard to buy it without IMS and part of a bundle). It will probably be higher than that of a used CP2210, but still, all things considered, you'll be running a NEW machine with warranty and integrated server.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: