Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » GDC - connection reset by peer

Author Topic: GDC - connection reset by peer
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 08-11-2018 06:11 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This now appears to be a solved problem, but it might be of interest to you folks since it's apparently an error that's never been seen before by the GDC folks.

It took me a while to figure out how to make this happen consistently but I recently figured out that this sequence would make it happen every time.

If I have an ingest running and try to delete some content at the same time, an error window pops up that says "Connection reset by peer". The file that was being deleted is still there, and the ingest that was running continues to run to completion, but the CRU drive that's currently in the slot can't be un-mounted afterward since the close button is greyed out.

Long story short, GDC sent me a new set of hard drives and I just installed them this afternoon.

The problem appears to be solved now since I tried to make that error happen a couple of times while I was re-loading the content onto the new hard drives and nothing bad happened.

I suspect that a weak hard drive was getting overloaded when asked to do more than one thing at a time (ingest and delete) and sending that error message.

I have always ingested and deleteed simultaneously on a routine basis since I'll be ingesting trailer version two and deleting trailer version one while the ingestion is running.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: