Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Keys think they are Features

Author Topic: Keys think they are Features
Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 08-10-2018 11:33 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Problem solved, but since Deluxe has never heard of it before, thought I'd write it up.

We have a feature that has been on our drive for a month or so. Ran fine when we showed it, we held it for and encore show this week.
We do not have the drive anymore
Got the new keys for it this morning from Deluxe. There were three for CCAP and they didn't say which one was really necessary, so I ingested all three.
System says they ingested and complete.
I look at my Content page and I now have two copies of the Feature, both of them locked.
Look at the Keys page and I have no keys for the feature.
After much attempting to load feature, load playlist, rebooting, etc. and talking with Deluxe, they sent a Key specifically for the creation date of the original drive for the feature.
Problem solved, though I still have the "copy" of the feature on the Content page, which I'm not going to delete until after the encore show, just because I'm paranoid.

EDIT: Forgot to add the Keys were OV and VF versions. The Feature is OV the "Copy" is VF.

Has anybody run across something like this?

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 08-10-2018 07:28 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Must be a very specific Christie IMS issue. No idea why this happens.
Are you sure what they sent you were KDMs, not CPL xml files? It's no problem to distribute another feature as a bare CPL xml file, if the IMS eats it.

- Carsten

Scott Christopher
Film Handler

- posted 08-10-2018 09:18 PM      Profile for Scott Christopher   Email Scott Christopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure they were all "keys"? I often get VF's sent with KDM's. I don't bother ingesting them.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 08-11-2018 02:44 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There could have been a content update where the new key didn't match up with the content, or vice versa due to the checksum in the key.

..or the key itself had a corrupt byte causing the error.

Thus, new keys were generated, in which I've been there before.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 08-11-2018 03:09 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you give us a listing of the first batch of files they sent you? I also suspect there is a CPL in there, otherwise this is a pretty nasty bug.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 08-11-2018 02:29 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's what they sent me. I only ingested the first two, since I didn't need OCAP.
I did not load the supplemental packages, which may be what caused the problem.

Movie Title: RBG
RBG_FTR_F-178_EN-en-CCAP_US_51_2K_MAG_20180424_CHV_IOP_OV
Valid From: 8/10/2018 8:00 AM to 8/13/2018 3:59 AM
RBG_FTR_F-178_EN-EN-CCAP_US_51_2K_MAG_20180509_DTB_IOP_VF
RBG_FTR_F-178_EN-EN-OCAP_US_51_2K_MAG_20180511_DTB_IOP_VF
Supplemental Packages

There are supplemental packages associated with your keys.

NOTE: SUPPLEMENTAL PACKAGES MUST BE INGESTED PRIOR TO INGESTING YOUR KDMs.

Movie Title: RBG
Version: RBG_FTR_F-178_EN-EN-CCAP_US_51_2K_MAG_20180509_DTB_IOP_VF (1.21 MB) information / download (attached)
Version: RBG_FTR_F-178_EN-EN-OCAP_US_51_2K_MAG_20180511_DTB_IOP_VF (1.21 MB) information / download (attached)

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 08-13-2018 01:15 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And you previously ingested the "RBG_FTR_F-178_EN-EN-CCAP_US_51_2K_MAG_20180509_DTB_IOP_VF" CPL and had a key for that one?

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 08-13-2018 09:50 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I had previously ingested RBG feature with a different creation date. That ran fine when we originally ran it about a month ago.

The solution was, apparently, to send a key with the matching creation date, though they said the keys they originally sent should have worked.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 08-13-2018 01:54 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To me it looks like you've triggered a pretty nasty key/feature matching bug in the Solaria software. It might be worthwhile to report this to Christie, so they can try to recreate this and fix it in a future release of their IMS software.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: