Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NEC NC900c randomly goes to standby

Author Topic: NEC NC900c randomly goes to standby
Gunnar Asgeirsson
Film Handler

- posted 07-18-2018 10:21 AM      Profile for Gunnar Asgeirsson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Asgeirsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am having a little problem.
Last 7 days on of our NC900c have 3 times went into standby for what seems no reason. It just go to standy, it does not matter if the lamp is on and show running or the lamp is off and no show running. It just randomly go to standby without any error.
If it matters the projector have build in NP-90MS01 (IMS1000) server.

The only thing i can see in the logs are in the operation log it says when this happens "Start Firmware(H)" and i am sure that would happens anyway if i would walk to the projector and manually set him to standby.
The error log does not show anything so it looks like the projector just thing it is in standby mode for normal reason.

What i thing is this must be some kind of electric flickering that are causing this.

Today i was running a show for testing purpose just to see if anything would happen and it actually happened and for the very first time the projector gave actual error that is "(701) Slave Status Fail(1,17)"
On the user manual that error means "Slave MCU is in unexpected status."
Then this error disappeared and the projector went to "regular" standby but the error was at least logged to the error log.
Even after i saw this error i still believe this is some kind of electric flickering.
And right now there is electric engineer on his way to check if there is some electric problem.
But meanwhile i just want to hear your thoughts, this probably have happened before to someone.

The projector is not connected to any UPS battery and it have been that way for almost 5 years and nothing like this have happens before. It is just very new problem that have been around for 7 days or so.

|  IP: Logged

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 07-18-2018 07:42 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sure feels like some power instability or some failing PSU inside the projector.

You don't have a UPS at hand you could try to plug between the projector and the power feed? An NC900c can easily be run on a 2 kVA or higher UPS, which are pretty common. If the issue prevails, you know that the problem is most likely inside the projector.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-23-2018 07:59 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also try reseating the plug in modules including the (top) CPU module. Yes, this could also be some sort of a power / power supply issue and it could be tricky to track down. Also, check the power supply logs very carefully at a known shut down time and see if they are normal, or slightly out of kilter.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: