Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Red Light

Author Topic: Red Light
Edgar Familiar Erazo
Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2018 01:24 PM      Profile for Edgar Familiar Erazo   Email Edgar Familiar Erazo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5800 ti-icp - systems status = fail
żAlguien sabe algo al respecto?
Tengo un proyector Barco DP2K 23B

|  IP: Logged

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 07-12-2018 12:48 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is an English forum, so try to keep it in English.

The red light combined with the error message indicates a problem with your ICP. The ICP is a card that can be accessed easily. You can identify it via the ICP POWER LED.

A common problem is a loose contact with the ICP. So, the first thing you could do is to reseat the ICP. Power-down your projector, unscrew the ICP, pull it out and put it back in firmly. Power-up your projector.

If the issue disappeared, you're lucky, if it's still there, you'll need to call your service representative, because the ICP is most likely defective and needs to be replaced. Keep in mind that the ICP is not a cheap replacement part, if your projector is out of warranty.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-12-2018 06:41 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget to have the Dallas key BEFORE removing/reinserting the card...though You'll know if the reseat allows the card to be found/booted right...your projector will remain unusable until the security error is cleared with the Dallas Key.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 07-12-2018 07:03 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check projector ICP time (installation/advanced/clock). A dead ICP RTC battery will do this, the ICP time goes to 1900 or something nutty and you get that error. Battery must be replaced if this happens.
Not that this error is not specific, just says the ICP has an problem. The diagnostic package may have detailed info on what's really going on. If you send it to Barco tech support they should be able to get a better diagnosis.

Edgar Familiar Erazo
Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2018 12:48 PM      Profile for Edgar Familiar Erazo   Email Edgar Familiar Erazo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much for the answers, I actually took out the icp card with the projector off and put it back in. Now it is working normally again, but what worries me now is the origin of the fault and if it happened again ...

P.S. thanks for the clarification Marcel Birgelen

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 07-12-2018 02:36 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Steve Guttag
Don't forget to have the Dallas key BEFORE removing/reinserting the card...
Sorry, forgot to mention the golden rule when approaching anything big labeled Barco: Bring your DALLAS key. [Wink]

quote: Edgar Familiar Erazo
Now it is working normally again, but what worries me now is the origin of the fault and if it happened again...
Well... I think it has happened to everyone at least once. If it's your machine, it can make run shivers down your spine, but all too often it's indeed just a loose contact or a "glitch". If it doesn't happen again soon, I don't think you should worry about it.

What you should check though, is if your projector and ICP firmware is up-to-date, many small bugs have been fixed over the years.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: