Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dialogue on ‘Jeune Femme’

Author Topic: Dialogue on ‘Jeune Femme’
Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 07-02-2018 04:51 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The dialogue on this one, at least the few minutes that I’ve listened to, seems to be recorded on all three main channels; not directional dialogue, but the same on all three channels. Has anybody else found the same thing, and do you know the reason for it? It’s not an equipment fault, no other films are affected.

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-02-2018 08:01 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe just a stupid conversion from a 'stereo' master. Is there anything on surround channels (I doubt it)?

- Carsten

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 07-03-2018 12:39 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is sound on the surrounds, and on the sub.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-03-2018 06:16 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does that sound on the surrounds and sub make any sense, or is it also just dialog (maybe at a lower level)?

- Carsten

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 07-04-2018 02:30 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When the surrounds are used what is on them makes sense. If you were to take a normal film, with dialogue on the centre, and put it also on the left and right, leaving music and effects on left and right as they were, that's basically what it seemed to have. I wasn't projecting for this film, so I didn't hear the whole film.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: