Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco Gore Board RMA

Author Topic: Barco Gore Board RMA
Greg Routenburg
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2018 06:42 AM      Profile for Greg Routenburg   Email Greg Routenburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings All,

Does anyone know if Barco and/or TI are still accepting RMAs for defective Gore Boards? I have one that is exhibitng an "Interface TPM Self Test Fail" which is preventing me from updating to the SMPTE compliant Dolby release as it needs TLS encryption.

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-28-2018 08:57 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My guess would be no. But you'd have to ask them. Note, you do NOT need a GORE board to update to TLS. You have to have a believe a Type IIs or later board (it has been a while). Gore boards are for people that had VPF deals. A Gore board is a Type 5 board which differs only in the case itself from a Type IV (HDCP compliant).

There are other reasons that TLS encryption may fail besides the version of TI board. There have been certificate issues, for which there are published recovery procedures.

Greg Routenburg
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2018 11:48 AM      Profile for Greg Routenburg   Email Greg Routenburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve. In the TI documentation for the Certificate Recovery Patch, they make specific mention about systems presenting with that error not being able to establish a TLS link even though the certificate can be retreived. This is precisely my problem. They specifically state in the doc that the board must be returned for repair in this case.

I'll send a note off to my Barco dealer to see if there's anything that can be done but I suspect that you're right.

-

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-28-2018 01:16 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barco, as a rule, doesn't repair ANYTHING out of warranty. The lone exception is the light-engine.

I just looked at the Gore board prices...pray they have a refurbished one because you'll faint at the current price of a new one (it lists for over $7K from Barco). If they have any non-Gore versions left, it will save you $2K.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: