Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » doremi ShowVault Hard Drive Disk not detected

Author Topic: doremi ShowVault Hard Drive Disk not detected
Herlius Dewata
Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2018 12:42 AM      Profile for Herlius Dewata   Email Herlius Dewata   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hai Everyone

my Doremi ShowVault have problem that HDD not detected

-

i already try to reseat the drive & clean server.
still no result.

re-initialize the raid is only the way to solve it ?

thanks for the help

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-28-2018 04:35 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
your drives are all detected. The red one is the main RAID partition. I guess you lost it somehow - I assume you do not see any content on your server?

Did you re-seat your drives with the server on?

I think the only solution is to re-initialise your RAID.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 06-28-2018 06:38 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why does it show 'healthy', if its shown red? I would try a repair, but if that doesn't help, you may need to reinitialize. There is a tutorial from Doremi on fixing raid issues. Reading through it, you will also understand why in this case it is not a failing individual disc. Both md0 and md1 use the same set of discs. If one of them is okay, there can not be a physical problem with one disc, as then both raid partitions would be affected.

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 06-28-2018 07:44 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Red for dead and orange for troubled are not such different colors.
It is odd that all three drives show green but the /data volume shows orange/red.
Pull a diagnostic report and run it through the online analyzer at http://loganalyzer.dolbycustomer.com/ - the "storage" tab should give some details on any problem with dirves. You can also send it to Dolby tech support to get their opinion - cinemasupport@dolby.com
Replacing a single drive is not too difficult. I have seen drives where something does affect only one of the two volumes.
Once you know which drive is causing the problem, try "repair" anyway: if it lets you "replace" the problem drive (you don't actually replace it, just run through the process as if you have) then it might be OK, might still show trouble which means a new drive is needed. Note you MUST have the problem drive selected before starting repair, or you will lose all content and have to reinitialize the RAID.
I don't think reinitializing is a good idea now. Repair will try and return a drive to operation without deleting the content.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 07-06-2018 04:11 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen odd cases were the software RAID itself was "perfectly healthy", but the filesystem on it was defective.

Now, if there is anything on it that's worth recovering and can't be easily re-ingested, I would try to fix it or otherwise I would just re-initialize the RAID following Doremi's guidelines.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: