Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby DSS100 Loss of Transport to Projector

Author Topic: Dolby DSS100 Loss of Transport to Projector
Alexandre Pereira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2018 10:45 AM      Profile for Alexandre Pereira   Author's Homepage   Email Alexandre Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am currently running a Dolby DSS100 with a Christie CP2000SB - software version on the Dolby [4.3.5 (15) system and showmanager 4.3.3.7-g]. The DSS100 is actually my back up server that I had to switch in because the DSS200 is having an issue with the CAT862.
The DSS100 had been used to run unencrypted DCPs to a non DCI projector and it ran fine with no errors.
Now with the encryption switched on I find that certain non encrypted clips seem to cause the DSS to lose connection to the CP2000SB projector (loss of transport to the projector). This was happening on playlists and would happen after two or three clips ran.
When running encrypted features without a playlist it runs fine.
The DCP clips are shorts that I have made myself with DCP-O-Matic.
Has anyone experienced this issue and know a possible work around?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-24-2018 11:59 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Presuming everything is configured correctly, I'm unaware any such known issues.

Make doubly sure that configuration is correct and when it comes to specifying the projector that you indeed specify it as a Christie (series 1) and that sort of thing.

Also, there is no 4.3.5.16 there is a 4.3.5.13. I presume you were typing with a numeric keypad and were off by one button.

Alexandre Pereira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2018 12:40 PM      Profile for Alexandre Pereira   Author's Homepage   Email Alexandre Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes typo (13)
I set up the server through the config script and selected the projector as Christie Series 1. The rest of the config I left as default which runs fine and was the same for the DSS200.
I also selected encryption mode TL on the DSS100.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-24-2018 07:23 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of those CP2000ZX TI boards are fussy. You might try a "clean" install of the DSP100 (mediablock) software and tick the "reinstall all components" box. I've had an issue with one ZX that was problematic though it refused to run ANY encrypted content until the clean install was done. It is certainly worth a try. You can also try CINELINK (1) encryption to see if it is more stable.

Alexandre Pereira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2018 07:48 PM      Profile for Alexandre Pereira   Author's Homepage   Email Alexandre Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just ran the Dolby online log analyzer and it shows that the DSS200 was connected as Cinelink II DH to the CP2000SB. The DSS100 - I set it to Cinelink II TLS - maybe the CP2000SB does not like this and causes issues between encrypted and unecrypted DCPs? I will switch the DSS100 to Cinelink II DH and see what happens.

Alexandre Pereira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2018 09:15 PM      Profile for Alexandre Pereira   Author's Homepage   Email Alexandre Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like the issue is the encryption settings on the DSS100 - for TLS the interface board on the CP2000SB requires V15.1 or higher to be stable. Right now my version is at V14 so Cinelink II DH encryption works fine.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 06-27-2018 04:39 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should also bring up the issue with your DSS200 here - there are/were loads of transport loss issues that have been discussed here.

- Carsten

Mike Renlund
Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2018 12:11 PM      Profile for Mike Renlund   Email Mike Renlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinelink II TLS on a DSS/DSP100 works fine with TI 14. What you may be experiencing is known as the TI Series 1 Certificate Retrieval Failure. It is a bug that prevents the projector certificate from being passed to the server, which means that TLS won't work. There is a procedure for fixing the issue on the series 1 projector that should be available from Christie.

SMPTE subtitles will not work well until you get to TI 15.

In addition, DCPs are now being sent with encrypted timed-text (subtitle/closed caption). Dolby recommends upgrading all DSS100/DSP100 to system 4.7.8.7 to be able to play SMPTE packaged content with encrypted timed-text. There is a push to stop releasing INTEROP content so upgrading is recommended.

If you have 100 series systems running software below 4.7.8.7, please contact CinemaSupport@dolby.com to see about upgrading.

Mike Renlund
Dolby Laboratories

Alexandre Pereira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2018 05:52 PM      Profile for Alexandre Pereira   Author's Homepage   Email Alexandre Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will definitely be upgrading to v15 on the CP2000SB. However, I continue to have an issue with the playlists even with DH encryption enabled on the DSS100. Just does not like to play unencrypted content and then encrypted within a playlist - loses transport and then a reboot is required. Runs encrypted features fine if they are selected individually.
The DH encryption link was working with the DSS200 until the CAT862 failed. The DSS100 is running the same version of OS as the DSS200 - 4.3.5.13.

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2018 06:53 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check network connections. You can pull a log file and send it to Dolby to look at you can also use the free log analyzer. You do not have to be registered to use it.

http://loganalyzer.dolbycustomer.com/

Just to be sure it say error securing connection to projector and not media block or player. If it says the latter it is an issue with the network connection between the store and player. This would be on the control page of the GUI.

Ioannis Syrogiannis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2018 08:30 AM      Profile for Ioannis Syrogiannis   Email Ioannis Syrogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Alexandre Pereira
When running encrypted features without a playlist it runs fine.
The DCP clips are shorts that I have made myself with DCP-O-Matic.

The above combination have brought numerous problems in the past with dolby DSS servers, that are more strict on what is playable and what not than doremi(now dolby) for instance.
That said, both servers and program made big steps forward.
All the above are well written/said, but my two cents is: be extremely vigilant with what you add in a playlist, even in the case of a third party provided DCP.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: