Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Strobing Effects on Incredibles 2

Author Topic: Strobing Effects on Incredibles 2
Jeff Fruchey
Film Handler

- posted 06-17-2018 12:19 AM      Profile for Jeff Fruchey   Email Jeff Fruchey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone received the email from Disney regarding posting a notice about “Incredibles 2” containing a sequence of flashing lights which may affect customers who are susceptible to photosensitive epilepsy or other photosensitivities?

-Jeff

|  IP: Logged

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 06-17-2018 12:36 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f5/t003115.html

Jeff Fruchey
Film Handler

- posted 06-17-2018 12:48 AM      Profile for Jeff Fruchey   Email Jeff Fruchey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, did not realize you had already posted this.

-Jeff

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-17-2018 10:32 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeez, Frank, I wish I HAD seen that e-mail earlier in the day yesterday,but
I had left my house & The City early in the morning on a personal errand.

> I was about 40miles outside of San Francisco, when I got a phone call.
The message I got from the theater employee on the other end was that:
"There are strobe lights going off in 'The Incredibles' auditorium and
people are complaining, and they needed me at the theater to do something".

Now, I must point out that this message was relayed to me through two people,
one of whom does not know English well, and the other who knows NOTHING
(and I mean Z-E-R-O ! !) about technology of ANY sort, and especially about
anything that goes on at a theater.

To further "muddy the waters" there had been a problem Thursday morning,
in that auditorium, before showtime, with the fire alarm system going off,
which, of course, activates strobe lights.

So, I made the 45min trip back to San Francisco, without stopping for lunch, and
got to the theater and then I found out all it was was this effing letter from Disney.

Lyle Romer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-17-2018 11:13 AM      Profile for Lyle Romer   Email Lyle Romer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't lightning in movies cause reactions from photosensitive people?

I remember on 35mm, flashes of lightning would many times have interspersed clear frames.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 06-17-2018 04:17 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's more productive if we all concentrate on the topic Frank posted above.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: