Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby TMS with IMS1000 and DSS200

Author Topic: Dolby TMS with IMS1000 and DSS200
Gunnar Asgeirsson
Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2018 09:58 AM      Profile for Gunnar Asgeirsson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Asgeirsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone here running cinema where not all the servers are identical?

I am thinking about this for 3 screen cinema.
Room 1 has Dolby DSS200 and Room 2-3 have Dolby IMS1000 (Branded as Nec NP-90MS01)

Since i am getting everything ready before i order the Dolby TMS i just want to have few things clear.

The cues in DSS200 vs IMS1000 are slightly different, it is almost the same.

Everything is working the same way and the Credit have the same purpose and after the credit cue i have "End" cue that switch the processor to Non-Sync and put the lights in the room from half light trl/credit light to full.

So it is just the very last cue that does not do the same in DSS200 VS IMS1000.
On the DSS200 the last cue put the projector to macro key 5 witch is DVI-Flat for the Digital signage.

However the IMS1000 only needs cue to be switched back to the HDMI input for the digital signage (same macro on the projector) And IF the movie that just ended was Scope then it needs Flat Macro cue.

So my question is since i do not have the TMS yet.

If i create on the TMS cue that i will call Slides-Flat can i then tell the TMS that for Room 1 this Slide-Flat cue is supposed to put the projector on Macro key nr 5.

But the same Slide-Flat cue on the IMS1000 will instead trigger the HDMI input.
I will probably create new cue on the IMS1000 that will put the projector to 2D Flat and switch to HDMI input on the same cue so the Slide-Flat cue on the TMS will always make the end result to be the same, having the projector displaying the digital signage on Flat.

I am just wondering about this all because i would very much love it to do not have to have two set of each feature playlist depends on if it is screened on the DSS200 or the IMS1000.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Renlund
Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2018 11:37 AM      Profile for Mike Renlund   Email Mike Renlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Gunnar,

The Dolby TMS is designed so that you can easily integrate Dolby DSS and Doremi servers within the same complex. TMS version 5.0 (scheduled for release in the next couple weeks) will support adding Barco Alchemy ICMP servers to the complex.

The Dolby TMS only cares about the name of the cue. Ideally, you should give the cue the same name on each of the different servers in order for the cue to only show up once in the playlist builder. When the show is scheduled on either the DSS or the IMS, the server will fire whatever cue is on that server.

If there is a cue that is only on one server type, there won't be an action on the other server type.

Hope that helps.

Mike Renlund
Dolby Laboratories

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: