Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Icecrypt S6600 receiver issue

Author Topic: Icecrypt S6600 receiver issue
Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2018 06:39 AM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
I've got the Icecrypt S6600 satellite receiver at my cinema and I am having trouble adding a channel for live broadcasts.

This is the first time I have done this, so bear with me.

We are on IS10-02 and have 100% signal, 90% quality.

I've done a channel scan to prove system is working and it has added 17 channels, 5 radio stations.

From the tuning guide I have from the film distributor, if I try and add the channel it will not let me, or doesn't find anything, etc.

I am going to try again today, but, am I missing something? Anyone in the uk who could maybe talk me through it?

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Ian Garland
Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2018 07:58 AM      Profile for Ian Garland   Email Ian Garland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried this during a test transmission?. If you have the parameters and try to set up a channel when it is not live you will get nothing when you scan the transponder.

Steve R Pike
Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2018 12:43 PM      Profile for Steve R Pike   Email Steve R Pike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had this issue with some of our live screenings on the Icecrypt before the LANSAT was installed

I was told to delete any saved channel lists and try again. Sometimes resetting the box to factory settings solved the issue.

To test the feed, I often had the parameters for Sky News or BBC World News at hand to tune in. This helps to test that your satellite and box are working when the test footage is not being broadcast.

SatFacts have a great help sheet for Icecrypt: SatFacts Icecrypt

Most broadcasts have a helpline to call - details are usually stated on the tuning guide for the broadcast

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-17-2018 11:05 AM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys,
thank you for your help.
We are for sure on Intelsat 10-02

I have tried to add sky news as a test with this figures:
frequency: 12418 vertical
SR 28000

but... it cannot find it.
I have got Spektrum TV and Republika thou...

Ian Garland
Film Handler

- posted 05-17-2018 12:39 PM      Profile for Ian Garland   Email Ian Garland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI,
Well those are the correct parameters for 10-02 (THOR 5) and you should also see Aljezera english and CGTN added from that transponder. If you managed to search and find other channels. Were you getting those quality and signal values on the channels you got from the search?

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2018 02:24 PM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, Hi,
I am getting an engineer out to have a look as this does not make sense,
ive got 100% signal, 92% quality.
but, if i go to add Sky News etc the signal and quality drop to 0%
I get the feeling there is something wrong with out LNB.
I cannot think of any thing else.
Will keep you posted

Ian Garland
Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2018 06:43 AM      Profile for Ian Garland   Email Ian Garland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably worth getting the dish re aligned. we had a similar problem ourselves, good signal and quality on searched channels but other channels not being picked up. I know that if we are getting high ninety's quality on sky we will be down to the seventies on Republica etc but crucially good signals and quality on the usual transponders used for NT,RSC etc. Our chap said he recommends tuning to Speranta as that gave a good average across the various beams and catchment areas.

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2018 10:11 AM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ian,
I tried to add Speranta.
12563 V 27500
I get no signal or quality again.
I'll have to wait for the engineer, i reckon our LNB or dish are at fault.
on Spektrum tv which i am receiving now, i am getting 100% signal, 92% quality.
I'll keep you posted.

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2018 05:44 AM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys, just a quick note to say thank you !
We've had the guys out from SCCI Alphatrack today and they confirmed our dish was just slightly out of alignnment and also our LNB was out of date.
All done now and receiving a few FTA channels inc Speranta and Sky News.
Thank you all for your advice.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: