Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Intermission slide show creation

Author Topic: Intermission slide show creation
Gunnar Asgeirsson
Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2018 06:45 PM      Profile for Gunnar Asgeirsson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Asgeirsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those who do intermission during the show. What are you guys using to create the intermission slide show dcp?

Before the screening start all the slide advertise slode show come from digital signage system (raspberry pi) but during the intermission i do not want to switch the lens to that input since the projector is pretty slow changing from flat to scope.
So that is way i make 12 minutes long dcp slide show with dcp o matic to play during the intermission.
However adding all this slides into dcp o matic would be easy if each company that buys advertise spot would only have one slide each but sometimes one company wants to roter 3 slides so the each time the show run there is diffrent slide in that company slot.

So what i am searching for is some kind of dcp slide show maker that have company placeholder. For example i would add McDonalds as place holder and insert 4 diffrent slides with theyr meal and then in 12 min long intermission diffrent slide from them would be showed untin the show have been runned 4 times.

Is some software that can produce dcp slide show like that that allows placeholder for each company?

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-03-2018 07:46 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basically, each ad will be its own DCP and you can make them using DCP-o-Matic in the necessary ratio container. If sound with with the content, adjust the audio gain setting down to, at least, -10, for at "zero" or full gain, it will be louder than the rest of the CPL content in the SPL.

I've done the similar with one client having multiple ads and be rotated. I simply have the header ad, then the individual ads, each created by DCPoMatic. The header ad remains and I just simply rotate the other ads in the SPL and resave. Easiest for us with no hassle.

Good luck

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 05-04-2018 08:46 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DCP-o-matic is scriptable, you may try to use that functionality. However, I don't know exactly what kind of cycling procedure you want to implement and why this wouldn't be possible using the normal DCP-o-matic GUI?

Do you want the slides to change within one presentation cycle, or from day to day, or...

Best was to do this would be by directly creating/manipulating Show SPLs on the server. But how to do that and which server allows this without having access to the API (under NDA)...

Why do you need to have a different lens setting for the PI playout? You could just leave it at the same setting as the show. Just create another macro.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: