Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco ICMP - how many versions?

Author Topic: Barco ICMP - how many versions?
Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-13-2018 07:31 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am getting confused with these things. Originally they had two Displayport and one HDMI, then I think there was a model two HDMI and one DP, I've seen one with two HDMI and no DP, also seen a picture of one with three HDMI and no DP.
What's currently being delivered?
And what HDMI versions are supported... the original with 2x DP and 1x HDMI is HDMI 1.4 I think?
Plus still looking for as way to set up a DNS server address on an ICMP, it's described somewhat in a manual but there's no way I've found to enter one: asked Barco but no answer.

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-13-2018 08:38 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are three versions:

- original version with 2*DP and 1*HDMI 1.4a
- version 2 with 2*HDMI 2.0a instead of 2*DP, + 1*HDMI 1.4a and 2*HD-SDI
- 'reduced' version 2 with only two HDMI2.0a, and with HDMI 1.4a and 2*HD-SDI removed ('no video mezzanine board').

I think the reduced version with HDMI2.0a only is only delivered in quantities on special orders. The HDMI 1.4a and HD-SDI are on a dedicated board, so it's no problem to leave it out for those who want to save a few bucks.

For a while, the version with HDMI 2.0 ports was only available as a separate module, not as standard in projector+server packages. I think they needed to get rid of the remaining stock of v1 models. Maybe now they will deliver the v2 as standard?

I'm sure Tom Bert will chime in.

- Carsten

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-13-2018 11:30 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The original one was with a pair of Display ports and was delivered with the mezzanine board that had the SDI and HDMI 1.4a port.

There was a prototype generation that had a pair of HDMI 2.0 ports, SDI and a non-functional HDMI 1.4a port (via the mezzanine board).

For actual production, now, just the HDMI 2.0 ports plus the mezzanine board with just SDI. I believe the mezzanine is technically an option but we have always taken delivery with it. I could see that if they could knock the price down enough that people would omit the mezzanine board since 99% of cinemas have no use for SDI. We, on the other hand, DO have use for it in SOME venues.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-13-2018 04:27 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=003075#000000

- Carsten

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2018 08:56 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just installed a new 22L projector with alchemy installed. It has the original version with 2 DP and one HDMI. One would think with a top of the line projector it would have the latest alchemy but no.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-14-2018 09:20 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Tom Bert said, they first want to deplete existing stock of the A version. I guess you would have to order the projector with the new B version explicitly, and probably also pay a bit extra to get it. Bundled with the projector, the ICMP is a real bargain.

- Carsten

Steve Guttag

- posted 04-14-2018 12:08 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We specifically stated on the most recent delivery that it HAD to have HDMI 2.0 (was a specification of the job and there are HDMI 2.0/HDCP2.2 sources feeding it).

On two prior deliveries we received what I call the "prototype" version that had HDMI 2.0 and HDMI 1.4 BUT the HDMI 1.4a was as non-functional as the DVI ports on the respective projector. I thought we were getting the Display Port version and, honestly, would have preferred it. I like locking connectors over friction and that site only had a DP2K-12C so the 4K HDMI 2.0 was of zero value to me there.

Since you referenced the prior thread, I note that the current CCB doesn't show status for connected inputs (blinking green "LEDs"). They also don't show the HDMI 1.4a port on current ICMPs with Communicator 5.10.0 (and probably 5.9.0).

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-15-2018 07:43 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But that 'prototype' I assume had the HD-SDI ports?

We received an A version a while ago, but the HDMI 1.4a seemed to be disfunctional, and we saw the twin HDMI2.0 in Communicator diagnosis, although the device clearly had 2*DP sockets.
As it turned out, that was a trivial combination issue - the HDMI2.0 in communicator was a Communicator bug that was solved in the next release, and the seemingly disfunctional HDMI1.4a port was simply missing the proper input file - for some reason, they had copied the two HDMI2.0 input files on the ICMP, but forgot to put the HDMI1.4a file onto it.

- Carsten

Steve Guttag

- posted 04-15-2018 03:55 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, all versions I've received have the SDI inputs (Mezzanine board). Only received one prototype and it had functional SDI but non-functional HDMI 1.4.

The last two we received are the "current version" with no HDMI 1.4a (I believe the metalwork was changed so it isn't even a cover plate but simply not there).

Tom Bert
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2018 03:58 AM      Profile for Tom Bert   Email Tom Bert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope this helps:

OLD version
- standard: 2x DP (on the mainboard), 2x3GSDI + 1xHDMI1.4 (on the mezzanine board)

NEW version:
- standard: 2x HDMI2.0 (on the mainboard), 2x3GSDI (on the mezzanine board)
- only available as standalone ICMP: 2x HDMI2.0 (on the mainboard)

We had a beta-board (of which Steve received one) with 2xHDMI2.0, 2x3GSDI and 1xHDMI1.4.

In the meantime our stock is almost fully depleted and all new Alchemy projectors are/will be shipping with the new version.

If you want to make sure you get a new one in these transition weeks, don't hesitate to mention that in your order: we'll make sure you get the projector with new model built in.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: