Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Requesting a place (or places) to find resources

Author Topic: Requesting a place (or places) to find resources
Caleb Wooten
Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2018 07:08 PM      Profile for Caleb Wooten   Email Caleb Wooten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, all! I have spent the last two years working as a digital projectionist for a locally owned theatre chain near me. I recently got hired on at a different company as a Digital Cinema Technician. I feel I have a decently solid foundation on the workings of various projectors and such (and I am currently training with another tech in the field), but do you guys and gals know of anywhere online that I can go to find manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc. for different projectors, servers, audio equipment, etc? I want to learn a lot more in depth on my own than what I already know along with my training as well.

Thank you in advance!

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-02-2018 07:56 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only on-line stuff is on the manufacturers web sites. You need to have previously attenbded traning at those manufacturers to have access to them. Ask your new employer if he has any manuals on CD ROM. Christie and Ba rko used to do that....

Mark

Ioannis Syrogiannis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2018 11:41 PM      Profile for Ioannis Syrogiannis   Email Ioannis Syrogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In addition to that, did you navigate yourself to the Film-Tech's very own "warehouse"?
Since the film days, I always found it interesting, to say the least.
And google-searching is another option.
All that won't give you the more up to date info, you'll have to address your needs to the actual cinema equipment companies for that, but can be a way for one to "get out of the mist" for a number of things that one comes across.
A Christie CP2000-ZX manual won't show you how to use the Christie IMB, but it will give you a lot of info in relation to the Solaria CP2220 model.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: