Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » USL JSD60 GUI refresh issue

Author Topic: USL JSD60 GUI refresh issue
Elia Orselli
Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2018 08:10 AM      Profile for Elia Orselli   Author's Homepage   Email Elia Orselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
last time I tried to control an Ultra Stereo JSD-60D with my win7 hp laptop using the GUI I wasn't able to work on EQ settings, because the GUI didn't refresh properly.
The same sw was installed on the booth pc and it was working well. I tried to reinstall it on my laptop, but nothing changed.
Does anyone knows what could cause this issue and how to solve it?

Thanks! (Sorry for my poor english)

|  IP: Logged

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2018 08:40 AM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your English is great! Were you connecting to the JSD-60 using USB or Ethernet? USB is a bit more difficult due to the required driver, but Ethernet seems to always work. Note also that the JSD-60 has a basic web interface giving you access to format selection and fader level. Just point a browser at the JSD.

Harold

Elia Orselli
Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2018 10:20 AM      Profile for Elia Orselli   Author's Homepage   Email Elia Orselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! [Smile]
I was connected via ethernet (wifi). I did the same thing many times and with others processors like this.
I well know the web interface (and ethernet cues: I made a simple app for format change and volume control...), but I needed to work on the EQ, and the GUI is the only way.

It seems that the issue is with my pc setup, but I don't know what else I can reinstall to make the GUI work properly.
By the way, also the web interface has some issue with refresh.

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2018 11:01 AM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might try increasing the communications delay as described at http://ftp.uslinc.com/ftp/Products/JSD-60/Documents/Manual/JSD-60%20User%20Manual%20160406.pdf#page=35 . The JSD-60 uses text command and response pairs. If the response does not show up within a specified time, it retries. Wi Fi can be slow, especially on busy networks. Increasing the time out MAY fix the issue. The web interface uses javascript to update every 500 ms, as I recall.

Harold

Elia Orselli
Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2018 11:09 AM      Profile for Elia Orselli   Author's Homepage   Email Elia Orselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks again Arold.
Finally I've found that Panda Cloud antivirus slows the communication between laptop and JSD. Turning off the antivirus USL GUI works fine.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: