Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco DP4K-19B communication

Author Topic: Barco DP4K-19B communication
Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2018 08:56 AM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strange issue here. We have a GDC SX-3000 in the projector. We lost communication with the projector from the server as well as remotely. I tried to ping the projector with no luck. I also tried connecting the laptop to the projector directly. The lights are lit up on the Ethernet port but still nothing. I also used a different cable just in case. What is the default IP sent with the projector. Maybe it reset for some reason?

|  IP: Logged

Ioannis Syrogiannis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2018 10:26 AM      Profile for Ioannis Syrogiannis   Email Ioannis Syrogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's 192.168.100.2, yet the best/more solid way to connect in such a case is via the serial or USB port of the cinema controller (depends on the cinema controller board).

Other than that, if you have a recent edition of the communicator, you can search via the "Manual Discovery" menu, yet it had its issues during the past, dependant to the number of the octets you would use.

I should mention, though, that the problem might have to do with a faulty cinema controller.
I've seen it happening with an S-series projector where changing again and again the IP via a USB connection, just altered the actual IP address, jumping from one random sequence of numbers to another.

Finally, you can use a "sniffer" on your laptop (did I spell it wrong?), like Wireshark, that could show you the address that it's connected with, since you would be seeing packets coming from an address you are not familiar with.
If you are only connected to one machine (the projector) that should be it.

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2018 10:46 AM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ioannis. Good call. That was the default IP. I was able to get in. I'll change it back and see what happens. Now I have to figure out why it reverted.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: