Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi Security Manager

Author Topic: Doremi Security Manager
Mike Schulz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2018 12:42 PM      Profile for Mike Schulz   Email Mike Schulz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Problem solved. Thanks, Stephan!*

Greetings dellow felegates,

I'm having an issue trying to ingest some kdm keys today on our Doremi. It hangs up on the "waiting for the security manager" prompt, and won't complete the ingest. I've already tried rebooting the server, along with trying four different USB sticks in case one of them was corrupted.

It only seems to be an issue with kdm keys. I successfully ingested a DCP a little earlier today with no issues.

Another train of thought was that the kdm itself was corrupted, but the server won't take any keys right now.

Is there anything I can do to reset the security manager, or do I have some other more serious problem that needs addressed?

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Screen Capture of this issue.

|  IP: Logged

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2018 01:08 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't say which model Doremi it is but if it is one that uses an IMB (show vault) or Dolphin card the projector needs to be fired up and the connection between the projector and server and media block made. If you have any marriage or tamper events they need to be cleared as well.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 03-10-2018 01:11 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
on top of what Stephan says:

- Can you play encrypted content?
- What does the first page of the diagnostic tool say about the media block?

Mike Schulz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2018 01:42 PM      Profile for Mike Schulz   Email Mike Schulz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stephan was correct. I didn't have the projector turned on which means the IMB was offline. Turning everything on solved my problem.

I should have known better but I'm not at this venue as often as my main location which has completely different equipment. I had a panel this morning and didn't need projection, so I was just trying to get things ingested for later without having to listen to all of the fan noise.

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2018 02:42 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The keys are stored in the media block so another reason it needs to be on.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-10-2018 02:47 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
This is yet another example of why it is beyond stupid for IMB/IMS manufacturers to not provide a front panel external power supply connection.

Requiring the projector to be powered on is nothing short of stupid and is SO EASILY CORRECTED, but nobody seems to care.

Instead I see theaters everywhere leaving their projector powered on 24/7, causing maintenance to be doubled and killing valuable life off of the projectors overnight.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-10-2018 08:21 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another solution would be for the server's software to hold any KDMs ingested while the projector/IMB is powered down in a temp folder, and then pass them to the IMB as soon as it comes online, and deliver a status message at that point.

The first time I used an IMB-based system, I went through the same head-scratching process as Mike. To compound it, this was one of three systems I was using regularly, and the other two were both Series 1 systems with servers that had built-in media blocks, and so had no problem ingesting and processing KDMs when the projector was off.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 03-11-2018 08:57 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our system (the one that everyone else here hates) has a hotfolder option. Every KDM I put in there is automatically ingested the next time server/projector/IMB is powered. Actually it offers to specify two such folders, one is set to a local network share, one is set to a KDM folder that is part of our DropBox folder set, so I can put KDMs into it to be ingested automatically from anywhere on an emergency basis even through my smartphone, and without the cinema system being powered at that time. The Doremi has an automatic ingest function as well, but the folder is always local on the server, so you need a way to ftp KDMs into it automatically, but there are thirdparty tools to do this.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: