Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NEC 1600 Panel Power Buttom Problem

Author Topic: NEC 1600 Panel Power Buttom Problem
Marcial Feliciano Ramos
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2018 09:55 AM      Profile for Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Email Marcial Feliciano Ramos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

We can't power On the projector from Standby nor turn it off. All the other buttons on the projector panel are working fine. I swapped the whole panel with another projector we have for spare parts and the problem continued. The projector turn On fine via the DC communicator.

What else we can check?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2018 05:43 PM      Profile for Steve Wilson   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am interested too. Mine does the same thing. Most of the time is works. At other times, I am just patient and rock the button lightly while pushing lightly with patience.

Peter Foyster
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2018 09:02 PM      Profile for Peter Foyster   Email Peter Foyster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had exactly the same problem and this was one of the several reasons why I ended up junking the machine rather than have it repaired after a power surge took out the light engine.

So it seems that even if I did have the panel replaced it may not have fixed it.

A very nice machine when it is working but seemed to be plagued by too many issues. Perhaps turning it off every night didn't help either.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 02-23-2018 04:47 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing that the microswitch behind the plastic covering has simply worn out: that would explain why you can switch between standby and on (card cage fully powered up) via IP using Communicator, but not using the keypad on the projector.

The Series 1 and early Series 2 Barco keypads are notorious for the preset number buttons going out like this. If the projector is normally controlled by automation commands and/or Barco Communicator, the first you'll know about it is when you have to clear a tamper error, and, after applying the Dallas key, your attempts to enter the code fail, repeatedly. By the time you've reached the stage of calling the projector by some choice expletives at the top of your lungs, you'll notice that one or more of the buttons isn't changing color as you press it. The workaround is to set the reset the code for that Dallas key to only use buttons that do actually work, which Barco Communicator will let you do, even if the projector is in a tamper alarm state.

The later Barco Series 2 keypads have actual buttons rather than microswitches with a sheet of plastic over them, and so are a lot more resilient.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 05-11-2019 01:50 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 441 days since the last post.

Steve Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2019 01:50 AM      Profile for Steve Wilson   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In an update to this topic. There is a Remote Control for this unit which is unbelievably widely available for around $10-$20. I found a new one on Ebay. This Remote took care of my problem with the buttons on the projector not working anymore.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: