Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Schedule failure

Author Topic: Schedule failure
Gronw Roberts
Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2018 08:14 AM      Profile for Gronw Roberts   Email Gronw Roberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've set up a schedule on our Doremi to play the playlists at the appropriate times but I seem to be having a strange problem. The 11am, 5.30pm and 8.15pm shows play without issue but for some reason the 2pm show sometimes fails to start. I can't see a reason why, there was 3 minutes between films the other day and today there was 7 minutes today, both failed. We're still playing Star Wars TLJ all day.

I dont get any error messages, just the Dormi asking if I want to eject and load the next film because it failed to start about 10 minutes after the time it was supposed to start.

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 01-06-2018 08:29 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you been at the projector when this happened? The message is typicl when a show is scheduled but the player is still running. Doremi servers doe't seem to validate scheduling, so you can have conflicts.
Note that for some time now (since The Hobbit) the server will load and pause a scheduled show about two minutes before scheduled showtime to allow an HFR system to swap firmware.
You can't really be running shows three minutes (even seven) apart, a preshow program must be starting. Can you shorten the preshow to allow a bit longer actual gap between program stop/start?

Gronw Roberts
Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2018 08:40 AM      Profile for Gronw Roberts   Email Gronw Roberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've not been in the room when it happens unfortunately. I've had to take all trailers out of the 8.15pm playist so all that is left are the adverts and film and it's still very tight. How long would you advise between playlist?

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2018 01:01 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a way to eliminate the starting to validate early and then pausing thing if you do not need it. Tech support can help you with that.

Brent Barnhart
Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2018 05:31 PM      Profile for Brent Barnhart   Author's Homepage   Email Brent Barnhart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We typically allow 45 minutes between shows. This allows 10 min of credits, 10 minutes of lamp cool down, and then 20 min of pre-show. (I add 5 minutes because we start on the 15 minute mark rather than 10 minutes mark).
You can skip the 10 min lamp cool and leave your lamp on all day. Not sure if that’s better than on/off or not.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 01-06-2018 05:53 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pesky 2 hour plus movies.
I'm not sure how to read the playlist duration (rather than clip duration) but there is a way. I don't think there is a minimum time but I would leave 5 minutes, I have never experimented.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-22-2018 05:49 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have my Doremi's set up to pre-load only 30 seconds before the show time. It's not unusual to have less than 2 minutes between shows and they go off on time every time.

I would say the time between the end of your 11am and the start of your 2pm is not enough to allow for your whatever your pre-load time is set to.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: