Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Win 10 and Dolby CP750

Author Topic: Win 10 and Dolby CP750
Hakan Bicer
Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2017 05:06 AM      Profile for Hakan Bicer   Email Hakan Bicer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear All ; I have PC with operation system win10 , but I cant install and I cant work Dolby CP750 software in this pc .
I tryed the install all compability , but I coundt solved the problem

what can I do for it ?

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Avram
Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2017 05:26 AM      Profile for Adrian Avram   Email Adrian Avram   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it works via the ethernet connection with Win 10.
I couldn't make it work with the USB either.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-25-2017 06:40 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to check but I believe there is s sheet on how to make it work. Something about signed drivers and all. A mode you have to put the OS in to get the drivers loaded and once done you are good to go. If you have access to Dolby Customer, I'd look there.

I just looked and didn't find anything about it on Dolby Customer. I recall USL having this issue so maybe I'm confusing the two.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-25-2017 08:35 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here it is:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiLqiegTyUpahB7THhun-H2htOyw

could be added to the manual warehouse?

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-25-2017 09:19 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was it on the Dolby Customer site? I found a Win8 version I had but don't recall from where it came.

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2017 10:32 AM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You MIGHT be able to use the driver installation instructions at http://ftp.uslinc.com/?dir=ftp/Products/JSD-60/Documents/Technical .

Harold

Jonathan Seaman
Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2018 02:57 PM      Profile for Jonathan Seaman   Email Jonathan Seaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

The sound engineer and myself are still having a problem with this at the cinema chain we work for. We have followed your guides, installed the software with administrator privileges on various machines (XP, Windows 8, 7 and 10) but still find the 'connect to local device' (via USB) is greyed out.

Does anyone have any clues as to what might be happening? Any advice?

Ideally we need access using the USB port as it would be easier for us due to the network configuration of the projection network at the cinema.

Thanks in advance for your help. Look forward to reading your replies.

Cheers,
J

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 01-17-2018 05:26 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It isn't just using "run as administrator", you have to tell Windows to install the unsigned USB driver. Microsoft did not make that easy to do. See the document I linked to.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 01-18-2018 04:22 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Windows XP and 7 shouldn't have that issue besides having to confirm the driver installation. The new security is with 8 and newer versions.

I had a laptop years ago where someone plugged a DCP unit before drivers were installed. For the life of me I was then never able to install those drivers - I tried every hack I knew/could find.

Mike Renlund
Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2018 11:44 AM      Profile for Mike Renlund   Email Mike Renlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby has just released to www.dolbycustomer.com new 64-bit versions of some applications, now with signed USB drivers. The following software has been released:

Dolby Software Update
Dolby Media Block
Dolby CP750
Dolby DMA8Plus
Dolby NA10 Setup
Dolby DFC100

Enjoy.

Mike Renlund
Dolby

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2018 01:58 PM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Renlund
Enjoy.
I will [beer]
/M.E.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: