Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Odd color symptom on Christie CP2210

Author Topic: Odd color symptom on Christie CP2210
Kevin Krizmanich
Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2017 10:35 AM      Profile for Kevin Krizmanich     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings digital cinema troubleshooting kings/wizards.

Over the past few weeks, an odd issue has presented itself that I am not sure how to trace. After the projector and system is powered on, about half of the time and only within the first 10-15 minutes of use, at some point the image will suddenly turn green and then certain brighter parts of the image will freeze on screen in red while the rest of the video continues playing in green behind it. Then all will return to normal. This may happen once or twice, and for less than 20 seconds -- and again, it only seems to happen within the first 10-15 minutes after starting the projector up. I have seen it happen on all sources - whether I play from the Doremi server, Oppo bluray, satellite receiver, or auxiliary HDMI input. I would assume the issue lies within the projector itself, or the Cine-IPM 2K? Has anyone seen a similar issue? I captured a short clip of the issue happening here so you can see for yourself -- it made me feel like I was trying to make a crappy bootleg on my phone. Hopefully I am not breaking any forum rules by adding this link to my post... I have used the forum as a resource for many years but have not posted until now. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i1wXMZlDypRAd7uWEJSWZABYtIzhU78L/view?usp=sharing

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-10-2017 10:49 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With odd image problems, step 1 is to reseat the ICP board. This is bit of a pain on a 2210 - remove top cover, open secure lid with security key, find the locking lever on top of the cardcage box, unlock and remove security gate over the board faces... use the lever handles to push the ICP out, push it back in, repeat a few times,replace the gate and confirm it's locked in, close and lock secure lid. Replace top cover.
You will need to remarry the projector before it will showmovies, it might work for DVI inputs unmarried though. T
Marriage requires a special password. Passwords can not be posted here.
If the problem recurs it could be a formatter board or connection problem. A reflash of the software might help.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-10-2017 05:19 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I once had an improperly torqued socket on a green DLP chip cause weird color stuff during every warm up cycle. All I had to do was torque the socket to factory specs with the correct tool in inch pounds and the problem was cured.

Mark

Kevin Krizmanich
Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2017 10:07 AM      Profile for Kevin Krizmanich     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks gents. I reseated the ICP board and the problem has not yet returned -- though due to its intermittent nature, I will have to do some more testing to feel fully comfortable. I'll update the post at that point.

I found another post on the forum with what seems to be the same issue from a few years ago. It took replacing the ICP board to remedy the issue there. (see "Christie CP2210. On-screen image has intermittant red filter", which includes the same suggestion from Dave [Smile] )

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2017 04:03 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may want to re-seat the light engine quick disconnect.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: