Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » 12/8/17- Is Deluxe Down?

Author Topic: 12/8/17- Is Deluxe Down?
Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2017 04:47 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've tried calling Deluxe-Technicolor several times this morning.
First I had to call several times because their line would drop as I
was being transferred after selecting the "option" for my call.

I tried twice more and was on hold for appx 10min before giving up
and dialing in again.

The 2nd time I was on hold for over 10min when the auto attendant
informed me I was being transferred to voice-mail- - and then the call
dropped again during the transfer.

I know there are big fires down in Southern CA. Maybe they've evacuated,
or maybe they have a shortage of employees who can't make it to work.
(But I would have thought a company like theirs would have multiple
call centers)

There's nothing about it on their website.

Just wondering if anybody else has had problems today.

Fortunately my issue isn't too urgent.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Strube
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2017 05:15 PM      Profile for Mark Strube   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Strube   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This just happened to me. I am having problems with the Coco without Olaf, I sat on hold for a full 20 minutes, and then it forwarded me to voicemail. Might not have a show tonight. Great.

Tom Doyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2017 06:20 PM      Profile for Tom Doyle   Email Tom Doyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, same here! I wanted to request a test key, but I've tried calling a few times and I've just waited on hold until it kicked over to voicemail. Luckily it's not urgent. I hadn't even thought about the fires - I hope everyone is okay.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-08-2017 07:29 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone try email?

- Carsten

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2017 08:03 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Followup)
About an hour after I gave up and was getting ready to head home,
my phone rang, and it was Deluxe/T-Color calling ME. Since I never
got to leave a voicemail, I can only assume they checked the call
logs on their system and used the caller ID to return abandoned calls.
[thumbsup] Thumbs up to them for the extra effort!

- - Whoever I spoke to seemed unaware of any phone 'issues' at that
time,and the call center I reached was in OhiO, so whatever is going on
probably wasn't related to the huge fires in Southern CA.

(Unless the calls get routed through that area somehow)

Tom Doyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2017 08:10 PM      Profile for Tom Doyle   Email Tom Doyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They just called me back, too. I asked if everything was okay and the operator said they'd been dealing with the Coco / no Olaf issue all evening.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 12-08-2017 09:28 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having lots of phone and internet problems here in Alabama, presumedly because of the "snow" in Atlanta and up the coast.

Travis Cape
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2017 09:42 PM      Profile for Travis Cape   Email Travis Cape   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to call and couldn't get through.

I set up Coco without Olaf on Wednesday.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 12-08-2017 10:38 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AFAIK, their main SoCal distribution center is in Burbank. That's about 20 miles south of the Sylmar Fire (I'd guess), so it's possible that staff there could have been affected by road closures and the like.

South of the Cahuenga and Sepulveda Passes, you really can't see or smell any evidence of the fires. Immediately you get north of it, though, it's a very different story. Drive along Mulholland from the 405 to the 101, and you'll see belching smoke to the north and clear skies to the south.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-11-2017 04:42 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As of today 12/11/17 I have customers that have not been able to get a hold of them that also need new keys.

Mark

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 12-12-2017 07:08 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some strange reason, we receive Deluxe/TCS KDMs for a single showing of 'Blade Runner 2049' repeatedly over the past weeks, all with different timeframes and formulations, but all matching our screening date. Maybe they are fiddling with their infrastructure.

- Carsten

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-12-2017 11:14 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NOt really sure whats going on there, but my customers did finally get their keys at the very last minute.

Mark Strube
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-13-2017 01:53 PM      Profile for Mark Strube   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Strube   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think their main issue is that there's 2 versions of Coco floating around - SMPTE and IOP. So, the "no Olaf" supplemental package needs to match that version. Our Coco is SMPTE, but they sent IOP for the supplement.

Does anyone even need IOP anymore?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: