Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Blue Square on screen

Author Topic: Blue Square on screen
Laura Hicks
Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2017 11:37 AM      Profile for Laura Hicks   Email Laura Hicks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My NEC PA653U projector is showing a blue square in the upper left corner - how do I get rid of it/what's the problem? It's not a connection issue because the projector is showing my laptop (for the most part). The blue square is there when I scroll through other (unused) inputs. This projector has a built-in test screen, and when I go to that, there is no blue square. Any idea what's up/how to fix this?
 -

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 12-01-2017 11:50 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does the projector have any kind of PIP (Picture-In-Picture) mode?

It looks, to me, like you have PIP turned on without a valid signal on the input selected for PIP.

Steve Moore
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2017 12:49 PM      Profile for Steve Moore   Email Steve Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a button labelled PIP on about the third row from the top of your remote; as Randy says, it is most likely that function turned on.

Laura Hicks
Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2017 10:48 AM      Profile for Laura Hicks   Email Laura Hicks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it was absolutely the PIP, which I knew it had that capability... it was just too early in the morning w/o coffee! thanks!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: