Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Solaria One SOS (magenta proyection)

Author Topic: Solaria One SOS (magenta proyection)
Geza Younger
Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2017 12:36 AM      Profile for Geza Younger   Email Geza Younger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am having problems with a Solaria One Proyector where the image on the screen comes out as Light purple (magenta). Does anybody have a clue on how to fix this issue?

|  IP: Logged

German Marin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2017 09:49 AM      Profile for German Marin   Email German Marin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried to switch channel or something else?

Geza Younger
Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2017 10:08 AM      Profile for Geza Younger   Email Geza Younger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have pretty much done everything;

Reseated cards, by cleaning connecters with an eraser and contact cleaner, this procedure has helped with other on screen anomalies but not with the light purple magenta on screen problem.

Have reseated the dmd cables for the light engine. Didnt have an effect by doing this.

I have also swapped icp cards from another working proyector and the problem still persist. ICPs are working properly.

CHRISTIE is sending a new imb and a new back plane. I have seen on a thread that when back planes or back pannel give you trouble, it start to give you purple on screen. I hope we can fix this problem. We have had 2 weeks of downtime.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-17-2017 10:16 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think if the projector is showing magenta when projecting the ICP white pattern the IMB is pretty much ruled out as a problem. But I guess Christie knows a lot more about their products than I do. Changing the backplane will not be much fun.

Geza Younger
Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2017 10:58 AM      Profile for Geza Younger   Email Geza Younger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another person had a similar problem and apparently it was the back plane. I hope im in the right direction. Will let you guys know what happens when I swap a new back plane.

Andrew Thomas
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2017 12:59 AM      Profile for Andrew Thomas   Email Andrew Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never had the screen go magenta on any of our three Solaria Ones which will hit 4 years of service time on Christmas Day. They have turned red, and that was seemingly just a loose card cage issue. Please update once you find the issue.

Geza Younger
Film Handler

- posted 12-12-2017 02:08 AM      Profile for Geza Younger   Email Geza Younger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean by a loose card cage issue, can you expand plz?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: