Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » SF Bay Area cinema projector rentals?

Author Topic: SF Bay Area cinema projector rentals?
Kent Long
Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2017 11:16 PM      Profile for Kent Long   Email Kent Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all-

I have a sudden need to rent a DCI-compliant projector for *gasp* next Monday, 11/6 through 11/13, in the SF Bay Area.

If anybody has any suggestions or leads, I'd be most appreciative. I can provide more details as needed, just trying to get a quick read on the landscape.

Thanks everyone.
Kent

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 10-31-2017 08:33 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shameless plug alert ... sorry.

This is certainly something we could help you with: we have projectors in the shop, and overnighting one could easily be done, though the shipping cost from Orange County to and from the Bay Area would obviously be significant. Please feel free to contact my co-workers in sales on (714) 751-7998 or sales {at} movingimagetech.com if you'd like to discuss specifics and numbers.

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2017 12:31 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BACP (Bay Area Cinema Products) would be my first call. Owner Sam Chavez may not have one but if anyone would know where to get one it that area it would be Sam.

Oops, no offense Leo just figured Sam was in the area.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 10-31-2017 02:48 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None taken! If he can avoid having to ship a projector 450 miles and then back again, that's absolutely worth doing. I was just flagging up a fallback option if he can't find one closer.

We do have projectors and lenses for about every size and throw that could be needed (everything from an NEC 900 to a Barco DP4K-32B) that we could ship for rental at very short notice, but the cost of shipping, and especially expedited shipping, something that bulky and heavy over that distance would only be something you'd eat if you had no other choice.

Kent Long
Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2017 03:03 PM      Profile for Kent Long   Email Kent Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leo and Clint-

Thanks so much for both of your quick responses. I'm in touch with Sam and we should be good to go.

Leo- good to know about your inventory and availability. Certainly the shipping costs would be something else, but when you need light, you +really+ need light. I'll keep you in mind in the future.

All my best- Kent

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: