Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby intermission and subtitle

Author Topic: Dolby intermission and subtitle
Gunnar Asgeirsson
Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2017 10:22 AM      Profile for Gunnar Asgeirsson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Asgeirsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I have Dolby DSS200 server, recently i started using the intermission feature in that way that i have special intermission playlist the entire intermission (slides and stuff)
So there is 12minute long dcp into intermission playlist in dolby.
The problem is the subtitle of the feature itself does not stop when the intermission start.
So in the intermission when the slides have start the subtitle continue on the screen.
But after the intermission the subtitle goes on correct place again so it is not out of sync after the intermission.

Would it work if i would create the intermission playlist with its own subtitle track? for example just one subtitle in the intermission that could be just one space bar or something. Would the server then stop with the subtitle from the movie itself and go to the intermission subtitle and after the intermission it goes back to the subtitle on the movie?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-04-2017 10:53 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which version of Dolby software are you running (click on the Dolby logo in the lower-left corner). This issue was addressed in 4.8.8.5

quote:
DC-12931
Fixed an issue with certain show playlists containing an intermission where subtitles from the feature displayed during the intermission.

A form of that issue was addressed in 4.9.0.96
quote:
DC-12994
Fixed a rare subtitling issue that caused subtitles in a show with an intermission to play the subtitles incorrectly during the intermission (if a skip forward was performed during that intermission).

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 10-04-2017 04:17 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your DSS200 uses a Dolby cat745 IMB in a Series 2 projector, then the update to 4.9 is free. If you use the cat862 media block in the server, the update from an earlier to the final version of 4.8 is free (that will fix the continuing subtitles problem unless you press skip forward while the intermission SPL is playing), but if your machine is no longer under a software warranty, there will be a small charge for 4.7 or 4.8 to 4.9 (which will fix the issue totally). Your service vendor can take care of the update for you, but if you want to do it yourself, you can register on dolbycustomer.com to download it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: