Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NEC NC900 power problem

Author Topic: NEC NC900 power problem
Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2017 12:59 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NEC NC900 running in 120V mode with external server going in SDI. When I turn the power switch on, the rear fan comes on and the screen comes on but blank. Key lock is red. No other lights come on on the outside of the projector (ICP, tail lights.....)The fans above the lamps start to come on but then stop. You also don't get the annoying beep when you turn the power on. Sound like a power supply issues?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-23-2017 11:18 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could very well be. A quick check of the supply voltages should confirm this. They should be accessible at some points in through the top... I could also be a failed CPU module since the projector is dependent on that module functioning correctly so that everything else works as it should...

Mark

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2017 12:27 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark. I think they're sending both anyway. Is the CPU board the top board right under the top cover?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-23-2017 01:49 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The CPU module is the top plug in module above the ICP.

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2017 03:18 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark. That did have 1 green light lit on it. We will see.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-23-2017 03:45 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Overall, I have not had many problems with them and have about 35 of them installed. One power switch assembly, two lamp ballast modules in different projectors failed, and two lens driver boards. The lens driver boards only failed because NEC has a wiring boo-boo (short) in the first run of them. There is a bulletin on that. The wire that shorts is in the lower left of the lens mount in the attached image. Not enough insulation around where it passes though the square opening in the mount.You'll know when one fails because the lens will shift all the way one way.

-

Chuck Murphy
Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2018 11:18 AM      Profile for Chuck Murphy   Author's Homepage   Email Chuck Murphy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am experiencing a problem with my nc 900, lamp 2 keeps shutting off and the screen goes black. working in single lamp mode, but that is not a long term solution. Any ideas?

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-12-2018 12:10 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The logs will tell a better story but changing the lamp would be a first step...second step, change the ballast. Again, the logs would have more info on what is upset.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-12-2018 07:31 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd just temporarily flip the two existing lamp positions. If the problem follows the lamp then it's the lamp. If the problem stays in that same position then the ballast is bad.

Mark

Chuck Murphy
Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2018 06:25 PM      Profile for Chuck Murphy   Author's Homepage   Email Chuck Murphy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are there any techs authorized to work on the NC900c in West Virginia?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: