Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » SX-3000 update

Author Topic: SX-3000 update
Yuri Mamaev
Film Handler

- posted 08-15-2017 07:02 PM      Profile for Yuri Mamaev   Email Yuri Mamaev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've recently got the GDC SX-2000AR and SX-3000 used and currently are trying to install (manual exists and does help). Looking for the latest version update, could anybody help?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-15-2017 08:07 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The latest update for the SX-3000 is Build 419. I just upgraded a few units last week to this Build. You will have to get it from GDC. Also, if your units are out of warranty you will need to extend the warranties and install a warranty key before you can upgrade them. Software warranty extension is quite reasonable. Here in the US, GDC offers three levels of warranty extension. You will have to check with your nearest GDC office to see what they are offering.

What build are they currently at, and have you checked to see when the warranty expires, or if it has?

Mark

Yuri Mamaev
Film Handler

- posted 08-16-2017 07:05 PM      Profile for Yuri Mamaev   Email Yuri Mamaev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've contacted Russian support (as we're in Moscow as of now), and it's quiet "perfect" - 3 working days without any answer on prices, payment methods, contracts, support on urgent issue (like dead SX-3000), so from my point of view the service looks awful, compared to all the other servers (you cannot officially read the log files, those are encrypted, no support until warranty extension is paid, you've to pay for it if you've missed - for all the missed years, etc)

The US support though (and as we're currently receiving the equipment from US based cinema, now closed) is quiet perfect - I get answer in almost half an hour, which is faster, than Qube on Skype.

Though I've already managed to successfully read the log files, it'd be perfect to download the SX-3000 update file from somewhere to update the server (could somebody share the link in PM, please; I know those are encrypted, checks for warranty "license", but I just need the files).

Though it might be not related - how often do you have to change the IMB battery? We've got the SPB1 tamper, which does not look like battery fault, as the IMB was changed on warranty last time around 2 years ago, but just interesting to know. Do you have the voltage available anywhere in the interface / logs as the Doremi has?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-17-2017 04:44 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None of us on here are really at liberty to share another manufacturers firmware... unfortunately. We have to sign non disclosure agreements in regard to that. It would be great if manufacturers would allow Brad to post firmware in a central place here on Film-Tech.

On the batteries GDC says to replace them every three years. They are there just to maintain the certificate. I had one SX-3000 lose it's certificate at 3 years and ten days! Do not remove both at the same time or you lose certificate necessitating to return it to GDC to have it reinstalled.

Do you know what build your SX-3000 is currently at? I can probably tell you if its a good build or not as I have a lot of them in service.

Mark

Yuri Mamaev
Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2017 06:06 PM      Profile for Yuri Mamaev   Email Yuri Mamaev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, OK, I've nothing signed and still has access, maybe somebody will help, at least PM [Wink]
One is at build 347.

Hmm, one lost certificate in 2 years (SPB1 tamper event is battery, or not?), another on duty is working 5 years already.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-17-2017 09:37 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect someone tampered with the batteries or pulled both of them out at the same time. That would certainly kill the certificate. For the SX-3000 the two current builds on the FTP site are Build 417 and 419 and Build 431 is in Pilot and I have installed that one. Once a build is listed in the Pilot File on the FTP its usually a stable version. The one you mentioned is a pretty old version.

My suggestion is to work with the USA Office and get the warranty extended, then get them updated/working again. They are very good servers. You will need to talk to Gwen Doung about Warranty Extension.

Mark

Leslie Hartmier
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2017 04:41 PM      Profile for Leslie Hartmier   Email Leslie Hartmier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
European/asian GDC servers are not on any list of the North American GDC access, and other than possibly giving out the appropriate phone number (probably Tokyo or Hong Kong), they will be unable to help you with warranty licenses from either Burbank OR Sterling (which is where Gwen is, who will not be able to help you. I had cause to contact her yesterday, so I asked.)

I know this because we bought a server from Toulouse, France, and it stumped GDC Burbank, since it is not on their list, and it took a few weeks to get it transferred from the european server list, so we could get a software warranty for it. Software warranty extensions for devices in an area are only sold by the GDC office in charge of that area.

Yuri, your best bet is to contact info@gdc-tech.com, if the Russian office is being silent.

As for the firmware, once you buy the warranty, you can ask for access to their FTP server, since now you have a reason for needing it.

Leslie

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: