Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Valerian Subtitles

Author Topic: Valerian Subtitles
Jonathan Seaman
Film Handler

- posted 08-05-2017 12:28 PM      Profile for Jonathan Seaman   Email Jonathan Seaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check. We have had someone mention to us that our showings of Valerian have subtitles. I have double checked and it appears that the only content we received from the distributor is with subtitles.

Has anyone else experienced this or should there be a copy without subtitles too?

Cheers
Jonny

|  IP: Logged

Matt Smith
Film Handler

- posted 08-05-2017 04:10 PM      Profile for Matt Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jonathan,

The CPL for this shows that the OV has subtitles burned in, this should be for dialogue that is not in English.

Valerian_FTR-V_S_EN-en_UK_51-VI-Dbox_2K_LION_20170717_MPS_IOP_OV

The OCAP version below is the CPL that has subtitles for the hard of hearing.

Valerian_FTR-V_S_EN-EN-OCAP_UK_51_VI_Dbox_2K_LION_20170717_MPS_IOP_VF

Just check which version you have in your playlist. If it is the latter (and this is the only version you ingested) then you will need to ingest the OV from the drive if you still have it.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 08-07-2017 02:58 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Need a key for OCAP content.

Leslie Hartmier
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-10-2017 04:10 PM      Profile for Leslie Hartmier   Email Leslie Hartmier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True, but I've never seen the KDMs show up at a location without the OCAP KDMs. It's possible that the KDMs were all ingested, and the wrong version was ingested.

Leslie

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 08-10-2017 05:34 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
VF files can't be played by themselves being a patch file

He can check in the server of the listings for the keys ingested and search there for the "Valerian" key, and I bet it's a CCAP key.

The VF OCAP patch was also ingested but needs the OV file ingested also, but need the OCAP key to unlock that patch file.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: