Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Lamp unit / power supply?

Author Topic: Lamp unit / power supply?
Gronw Roberts
Film Handler

- posted 08-05-2017 06:39 AM      Profile for Gronw Roberts   Email Gronw Roberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been getting a "lamp unlit" message every now and then on the projector (NEC NC2000C) since the power supply unit was replaced a couple on months ago. After getting the error message while using 3 different lamps (including one that had worked perfectly for months before the psu swap) I'm confident it's not the lamp and the projector and the server (Doremi Showvault) have just had a service a couple or weeks ago so I would hope the igniter is ok (our service provider were aware of the problem when they came here to do the service).

Would the PSU be able to cause this problem? Everything was fine before the swap. Our service guys have been informed of the ongoing problem but I thought I would run this past you.

It's very annoying!

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-05-2017 01:16 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had this issue caused by one of two things. Either a faulty lamp, or faulty ignitor. More so the first item, but I have had two igniters fail in NC-2000 over the last 7 years. When the PSU fails it normally throws an entirely different error code. If you have more than one NC-2000 projector there and since igniters are expensive, just swap igniters between two of them. Its one of the easiest parts to access on the NC-2000. Since the one I had was erratic, it would run several shows before acting up, that's how I ended up pinpointing the actual issue.

Mark

Gronw Roberts
Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2017 03:23 PM      Profile for Gronw Roberts   Email Gronw Roberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark. The fails seem to be very random for me too, the projector can run fine for days then fail out of nowhere. I heard back from our service guys and they are going to come to see us with another igniter (we only have one cinema projector here).

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-09-2017 04:07 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would start there assuming you have already tried another lamp.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: