Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby DCP‑2000/DCP‑2K4/ ShowVault software release v2.8.16

Author Topic: Dolby DCP‑2000/DCP‑2K4/ ShowVault software release v2.8.16
Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2017 01:01 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby DCP‑2000/DCP‑2K4/
ShowVault software released v2.8.16 .

Anybody Try This New One ?.
Regards
ShibuPaul

|  IP: Logged

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 08-02-2017 10:42 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a note about this last month, quoting Dolby as saying the update “fixes issues that caused sporadic audio noise or loss of audio, 4K image artifacts, in addition to other bug fixes”.

Of our 3 machines, we have two that randomly produce a loud crackling sound or fail to produce audio altogether (encrypted content only). Rebooting them fixes the problem, at least until after we shut them down for the night and restart the next day. We regressed one machine, which stopped the issue. That tactic didn't work on the other one. Leaving them on 24/7 would prevent the problem from recurring (I think), but I don't do that, and that's another subject.

All of this started at the beginning of our season, when we had everything updated to the "latest and greatest" We were fine until then. [Mad]

As for the question: We're waiting on this until after Labor Day, when we're only open weekends. After the disruption the last updates caused, I want some time to recover if this one doesn't work as advertised.

From the lack of conversation around these parts, I had thought we were the only ones that had this problem. Since then, I'm aware of a couple of locations in Seattle that appear to be going through what I am.

BTW... before this "patch" came out, I knew nothing about Dolby's efforts to fix the problem this way. Right up until the announcement, they were suggesting I had an IMB problem and should buy new ones...

Bob Ezra
Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2017 11:36 AM      Profile for Bob Ezra   Email Bob Ezra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack, can you be more specific about the sw/fw versions that you were/are having problems with?

I went thru the same sound issues (and a few others) after upgrading from software 2.4.4 to 2.6.4 and from firmware 30.07d to 30.07z.

This was not fun.I have since (about 2 mos. ago) gone to firmware
30.07t while keeping sw 2.6.4 and so far no more sound issues.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 08-02-2017 11:34 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have SW 2.6.4.0 on mine. The one I'm still having problems with has FW 30.07Z and SM 5.1.108-0

My other two have FW 30.05Q and SM 5.0.31-0 and have been working fine with that.

Bob Ezra
Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2017 12:13 AM      Profile for Bob Ezra   Email Bob Ezra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply.

You said you downgraded sw- from what to what (2.6.4?)

It sounds like you should try changing the FW on the problem imb.

Chris Markiewicz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2017 10:01 AM      Profile for Chris Markiewicz   Email Chris Markiewicz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All our Showvault/IMBs are on 2.6.4, 30.07t and SM 5.0.31. No issues since we upgraded in March 2016.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 08-03-2017 10:53 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Bob Ezra
It sounds like you should try changing the FW on the problem imb.
As I recall, they tried, and it made things worse on that particular machine.

Will upgrade everything in September & see how it goes. Hopefully... OK!

Bob Ezra
Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2017 11:19 AM      Profile for Bob Ezra   Email Bob Ezra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
still wondering what you "downgraded" from

thanks

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 08-03-2017 05:08 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is also a range of patches for 2.6.4 (now in a combined package). Every software version stills has some minor bugs, but in general, 2.6.4 was stable, and has been in the field for quite some time now (since spring 2014).

You may still have been unlucky with either your firmware/software combination, or missing some of the patches for 2.6.4.

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 08-03-2017 11:22 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have 2.8.16 on several systems with no issues yet. Potential problems so far:
1 - the 9-16 mute bug persists if an affected server is upgraded. Install 2.6.4 without hotfixes before 2.8.16 and it's gone.
2 - the vnc version currently available (this will change) does not install in 2.8.16, but persists through an upgrade if already installed.
Also:
The IMS-like WebGUI previously optionally installable is now baked into 2.8.16.

Anders Nordentoft-Madsen
Film Handler

- posted 08-25-2017 05:37 AM      Profile for Anders Nordentoft-Madsen   Author's Homepage   Email Anders Nordentoft-Madsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take care if comming from 2.8.11, I have had issues with this (update taking up to 6 hours!!)

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2017 02:10 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New hotfix Released for
ingestc_timedtext-1.0.1.pkg for IMS2000, DCP2000, DCP2K4, and IMB/ShowVault running Software 2.8.16

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: