Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Christie 2000M Fan Instake "Wind Sensor"

Author Topic: Christie 2000M Fan Instake "Wind Sensor"
Antony Barlow
Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2017 01:27 PM      Profile for Antony Barlow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 2000M with a damaged board, it would appear that the connector has been knocked off the board leaving a constant open circuit. My idea until a new board is sourced is to loop out the connection on the plug end. However there are 3 wires leading to it, white, black and red. I would have thought that looping out the red and black would be correct, however if anyone has any previous experience and advice it would be most helpful

Thank you in advance

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 05-03-2017 07:08 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look at what connected there ... an airflow switch? Use a multimeter to figure out what the wires mean, which are connected with the switch activated. Jumper the board to suit.
I don't know about Christie, NEC runs all 3 switch wires so it knows if a switch is unplugged.

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2017 04:22 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christie M and 2210s do not use air flow sensors like the ZX/2220 and such. The lamphouse intake fans are also DC an not 220 AC. That is most likely a DC fan where you have a tac sensor as well so it knows the speed of the fan. Hard to bypass.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-11-2017 01:54 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Series 2 NEC's have no air flow switch at all. Instead they went with a temperature sensor in the lamp house exhaust and some other areas to decect a high temp condition as well as the usual fan speed sensors.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: