Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » TMS GDC Dss200

Author Topic: TMS GDC Dss200
Adam Batista
Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2017 05:07 PM      Profile for Adam Batista   Email Adam Batista   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys, I need your help.
I have TMS Vr. 4.1.8100 GDC.
1 DSS200 Vr 4.5.3 (13)
Does not enable Player in TMS - DGC with IP control xx.xx.x.129
Can you help me?

Thank you.

|  IP: Logged

Leslie Hartmier
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2017 04:51 PM      Profile for Leslie Hartmier   Email Leslie Hartmier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just as a question, are you connected to the media network or the management network?

One will control the servers, and the other will not to my recollection.

Leslie

Ioannis Syrogiannis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2017 03:33 AM      Profile for Ioannis Syrogiannis   Email Ioannis Syrogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I can see, since the IP is for some reason partly masked(?), the IP that Adam or the configurator used is the management (Auditorium/control) one (192.168.x.129).
I am not familiar with the GDC products. Yet, being familiar with the DSS series of dolby servers, I would say that there is no reason for a TMS or LMS to be connected to the Auditorium network, since the Theatre network (192.168.241.x+2) is for transferring data (content) and connecting TMS and the Jupiter client from a PC.

(Auditorium network may support a VNC connection with the latest software including 4.5.3.13, but not much more in terms of using APIs to control and to move data.)

It looks like that the connection is configured (physically, in settings or both) to the wrong adapter.

You 'll have to also consider the possibility, though, that even after configuring the network in a proper way, the TMS won't be able to do much more than FTP the files in and out of the DSS library. The software version of the DSS200 is quite old, and the APIs that Dolby uses change considerably, if you take into consideration that not every Jupiter client is working with every software version.
So, I would check the Dolby DSS software versions that the particular TMS software version would cover and support.

Also, I would recommend a software upgrade to the DSS server, since a lot of improvements have been made and a lot of bugs has been "squeezed" during the last years. If not for anything else, for the sake of less subtitle issues during the shows.

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2017 08:26 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GDC and Doremi have separate management and media networks.The do not send control over the media (theatre) network like Dolby does. In advance settings on the DSS 200 you can change the management to the auditorium network and then will work with 3rd part TMSs.

Danial Simmonds
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2017 01:59 AM      Profile for Danial Simmonds   Author's Homepage   Email Danial Simmonds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe in the TMS when you register the screen both management and media networks will point to the Theatre IP of the DSS for dolby server's. Well as i know when i setup Doremi TMS with Dolby last time it was like that.

Ioannis Syrogiannis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2017 02:08 AM      Profile for Ioannis Syrogiannis   Email Ioannis Syrogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Stephan Shelley
GDC and Doremi have separate management and media networks.The do not send control over the media (theatre) network like Dolby does.
GDC I don't know. The Doremi servers have two ethernet controllers. Yet, if you 'll (rightly so) differentiate control and data usage or not, is up to you. No restrictions from the system to use both for both. Not that it would be wise of one to do so.

As for changing the control network on DSS200, most third party TMSs use auditorium network for control. I was not negative about it in my post. (If you have done so, have you ever had luck on using the jupiter client with the auditorium network?) Yet, we were presented with just one IP from the TMS configuration scheme and that was seemingly the auditorium one, unchanged, according to the dolby (DSS) IP convention. I guess that, if only one IP is to be configured, that would be the theatre network one and would probably need to be changed, according to the TMS's convention.

P.S.
No response from the original poster. I guess that he either had the issue solved or found a workaround. Petty that all those threads remain with a question mark above the title.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-28-2017 11:29 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On GDC is depends on which model you refer to. The full size GDC servers do use two ethernet, one for management and one for media. The media is gigabyte but management is not. On the SX-3000 everything goes through a single gigabyte ethernet with options left for doing different configurations and such with the second SX-3000 ethernet. But using that second ethernet is totally unnecessary. Also makes installation half the work running a single cable back to the TMS.

Mark

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 06-28-2017 11:56 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Ioannis Syrogiannis
(If you have done so, have you ever had luck on using the jupiter client with the auditorium network?)
Yes, and with no problem. I used to run three houses with DSS200s, all of which had the Jupiter client running on PCs on the auditorium (management; 192.168.X.129 in the Dolby scheme) network. The only limitation is that unless the theatre (media) network is in use and separate auditorium numbers for each DSS200 are defined in the config wizard, multiple DSS200s on an auditorium network only will not be able to see each other, so you won't be able to transfer DCPs between individual DSS200s using Show Manager.

But I had no problem using the Show Manager Jupiter/Java app communicating with a single DSS200 through the auditorium network.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: