Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » an ingest is currently running, do you really want to shutdown? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: an ingest is currently running, do you really want to shutdown?
Bob Ezra
Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2017 03:15 PM      Profile for Bob Ezra   Email Bob Ezra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After ingesting a bunch of shorts from around the world for a shortsfest and having some ingest fails and a couple of aborts, I have been getting the message in the attached image on shutdown of the server. I ran disk cleanup and contacted Doremi/Dolby with a detailed report. They found nothing on the logs and were unable to come up with a solution other than upgrading the software from 2.4.4 to 2.6.4.

Any ideas?

Thanks

-

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-24-2017 04:15 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really no reason for NOT upgrading to 2.6.4 + hotfixes to be honest. It's usually safe to do. Dolby/Doremi will provide support on the latest version.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-24-2017 04:33 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a bug in the hotfixes, some systems will mute tracks 9-16. No problem - unless you use the upper channels, like a 7.1 house with the Odyssey channel swap card or Fidelio if it's using the alternate HI/VI tracks.
This shows up in the log analyzer report, I don't know why it happens to some and not all servers. If it does happen just reingest the software package but not the accumulated hotfixes.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-25-2017 04:41 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

do you know which hotfix is causing the issue? The accumulated one is just installing all the hotfixes one after the other but it may still possible to find the single files and only install the ones which are not causing the bug you mentioned?

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-26-2017 07:01 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob - is this a one-time event, or do you get this now every time you are trying to shut down? If it keeps you from shutting down, just do it, and after restart, perform a clean-up (orphan files). Then go ahead ingesting in your normal routine. And yes, you should upgrade to 2.64.

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-26-2017 09:20 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The accumulated update package is signed and can't be broken down into individual updates from what I've been told, I haven't tried though.
It affects Interop DCP payback when the advanced audio setting is NOT "Disabled".
Also, apparently there's no way back on an IMS according to the message on the analysis report, the bug is in the main sw package.

To quote:
"This could be related to the bug that mutes channels 9-16.
This bug is happening for Interop content if any global audio configuration other than "Disabled" is used.
This bug is present in 2.8.X and 2.6.4 accumulated hotfix.
We recommend to reinstall software 2.6.4 (no hotfix) which will over-write the effects of accumulated hotfix.
FYI, there is no workaround for IMS2000’s running software 2.8.2."

Bob Ezra
Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2017 09:58 AM      Profile for Bob Ezra   Email Bob Ezra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carsten

It happens every time on shutdown.

I have no problem ingesting.

I already ran disk cleanup in Diagnostic Tool

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-26-2017 10:34 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dave
You are correct, you cannot split the accumulated one but it contains all the hotfixes which have been released over time - plus one I believe? So if you still have the single files - and we knew which fix is unfixing the sound, maybe one could install all the hotfixes but that one.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-27-2017 06:15 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, I never heard of that before. Something must be stuck. You should probably call Doremi/Dolby support for help. The problem is, they will usually want you to be on current software. Which is really no problem. Are you able to update yourself? Coming from 2.4x, its a three stage process. I you can't update the software yourself, and if it is just annoying during shutdown, then wait for a tech to do it, and maybe the update process will solve this issue as well.

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-27-2017 10:33 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three stages? You can go from 2.4x to 2.6x with no intermediate stages. Just ingest it and reboot.
Then ingest the accumulated hotfix if desired (a good plan if the 9-16 audio muting thing doesn't affect you) and, if you have 2GB drives, the "harddiskfailingnow" hotfix. Both can be ingested prior to the required reboot.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-27-2017 02:24 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Dave, I mean

1 - main software
2 - security manager
3 - MB firmware

- Carsten

Bob Ezra
Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2017 03:10 PM      Profile for Bob Ezra   Email Bob Ezra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doremi support remotely checked things out and determined there was a corrupt file in the SSD that they couldn't clear and determined that replacing the SSD was the fix.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-27-2017 05:05 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carsten,

You can still upgrade to 2.6.4 and leave SM and FW where they are.
Glad that the SSD has fixed the issue - I still would like to see an easy way to re-flash the whole SSD when such weird issues happen.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-27-2017 05:26 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it actually a real SSD or just a Memory Card like Doremi has used in the past? There is a big difference. I have had the memory cards fail in older Doremi servers that I maintain.

Mark

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-27-2017 05:43 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it's a USB-based SSD - you can probably call it memory card. Earlier Intel SSD's were prone to fail, never been a big issue since they change the brand.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: