Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Color

Author Topic: Color
Abdi Gudeta
Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2017 02:32 AM      Profile for Abdi Gudeta   Author's Homepage   Email Abdi Gudeta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have got a color problem ,absence of Blue color in Strip Moor.

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-22-2017 08:46 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess we need more information.

- Carsten

Abdi Gudeta
Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2017 08:31 AM      Profile for Abdi Gudeta   Author's Homepage   Email Abdi Gudeta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whene i display White Test color There is a Strip HORIZONTAL yellow color and Whene Blue Test color trigered There is a Black horzontal Strip color.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-23-2017 02:42 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of projector? This is usually a bad connection, with S2 TI systems reseating the ICP is the first step. Then reseating the formatter board connectors, this differs between projector brands - Chrsitie has the LEQ then tiny connectors on the formatter boards and Barco has tiny connectors on both ends of several cables. usually you can't reach one color formatter board (it's on the bottom out of reach) without removing the prism assembly. Hopefully blue is not that one?
If that doesn't solve it you can swap the formatter connections between blue and another color, if the problem stays with blue it's the formatter board or DMD and if it changes then the problem's likely the ICP and or maybe the cabling. Check for damage to the wires, anyway. Mice love eating wires.
With series 1 TI systems the light engine connections are all to a big TI board connector, with various ways of making it difficult to get at the board and connections depending on brand. Reseating the cables is still a good first step.
Sony? Can't help you. NEC Laser? Good luck, it's best to not even try... best to leave it to a trained tech - even if you get it apart you'll never get it back together again.

Abdi Gudeta
Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2017 09:37 AM      Profile for Abdi Gudeta   Author's Homepage   Email Abdi Gudeta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you.
My projector is Barco DP2k-20c,I have changed three ICP board and upgrade with version 4.5 i think it is the latest version , but the problem is still there.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-24-2017 09:57 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yellow happens when BLUE is missing. As your BLUE is missing a section, your BLUE has a problem.

If you have tested the blue using the calibration patterns, then you need a new engine.

If you know how to do so, you may also want to re-seat the formatter cables, both ends.

Tim Sherman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2017 11:52 AM      Profile for Tim Sherman   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Sherman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave would be correct with the idea of swapping the formatter cables on the back plane. If the issue follows to the new formatter that you swapped with then the light engine is fine. If you swap the cables and you still have the same color missing then it is a bad engine or cable.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-24-2017 12:05 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Use the "uncorrected" colors used for calibrating MCGD...those are full on and, I've been told, are generated on the formatters themselves, not the ICP like other test patterns. So, if you use the Blue calibration from the MCGD tab, and you still see the dead area, you are at the light engine as the source fo the problem (blue formatter, most likely).

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-24-2017 01:33 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was told the same, Steve, but a friend of mine had issues on calibration colours and the problem was resolved by replacing the cable between LEQD and formatter!
Indeed it's a good pointer but, apparently, not 100% reliable.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-24-2017 04:40 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The light engine cables are on the backplane behind the panel, under the top light engine cover. There are 3 columns of connectors for this, the bundles each have colored wire ties to show what color the wires are for and one has two ties to show that bunch is for the lower of the two identical sockets. The sockets have locks... push down with a small tool to release, don't just haul the plug out and break the locking thingy. You don't have to swap the other wires to the right, these are for the TECs and sensors etc.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: