Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco Alchemy web front end - selecting multiple clips for deletion

Author Topic: Barco Alchemy web front end - selecting multiple clips for deletion
Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-11-2017 02:53 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if there's a way to quickly select multiple clips and then delete them? We've just had a festival leave town: they put about 56 million slide/snipe/trailer DCPs on our Alchemy, and I've just spent the best part of an hour laboriously selecting each one with the left arrow (content tab), deleting it, waiting for the page to refresh, rinse and repeat. Holding down shift or ctrl while left-clicking or right-clicking on an entry doesn't do anything. Many thanks in advance.

|  IP: Logged

Frederick Lanoy
Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2017 04:17 PM      Profile for Frederick Lanoy   Email Frederick Lanoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Leo,

I would suggest to use Barco commander instead of Web Commander. Then you go to "Content" and click the icon "Select" (next to "Refresh").

You will be able to select all the CPL you want to delete. Will be much more straight forward.

Tom Bert
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2017 09:54 AM      Profile for Tom Bert   Email Tom Bert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is possible, both in Content and Show Editor. Please see page 39 of the Web Commander manual for an example on Content mgmt

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-12-2017 11:15 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks - will download the manual and look. The Commander app kept freezing and crashing, so we gave up on it and, after much trial and error, figured out that the web front end in Microsoft Edge seemed to be the most stable and responsive way of running the Alchemy (other browsers under Windows 10 were notably slower in responding to commands, and in Firefox under Ubuntu we kept having to press F5 all the time just to get it to display the most recent action, e.g. to make the play button go green after pressing it). So if multiple clip deletion can be done with the web front end, that would be helpful.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-12-2017 06:58 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was told this by Barco to use the browser version of Commander being that the actual Commander software has its issues, but great to know this instruction on multiple deletion content since we also have the Alchemy

..and will be doing Wesley Snipes new Escape movie this June.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-14-2017 09:56 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure of the feature Leo asked but I like the web commander much more.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: